Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Theatre/Early Bird Menu recommendations in Dublin City Center

Options
  • 08-09-2013 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi
    Where in Dublin city center are good places for early bird/pre-theatre menus on week nights in terms of price, quality of food and options on menu - Style of food doesn't matter

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Koh do a 3 course for 20e between 5-7 up to Thursdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Diep le Shaker do three courses for two people plus a bottle of wine for €60

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

athtrasna wrote: »
    Diep le Shaker do three courses for two people plus a bottle of wine for €60
    What kind of food does that place do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's Thai http://www.diep.net/leshaker/menu/category/dinner/369 oops, it's actually gone up to €62 but still amazing value!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shegull

Trocadero in St Andrew Street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Was in the cliff townhouse yesterday evening. 3 courses for €28, pretty tasty!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Shegull wrote: »
    Trocadero in St Andrew Street

+1

Pricey, but nice

garhjw wrote: »
    Was in the cliff townhouse yesterday evening. 3 courses for €28, pretty tasty!

Dont like the place, any chef that cant cook a steak to order should be sacked !!
    But im sure its grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Whitefriar Grill http://www.whitefriargrill.ie/menu.php do a couple of different specials. Had a really nice meal there a few weeks ago, nice vibe to the place too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'd recommend the early bird menu at Les Freres jacques next door to the Olympia on Dame Street. 2 course is €20, 3 course is €25. It is fine dining classic french fare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The Marker at Grand Canal Dock. It's the new hotel beside the Board Gais Energy Theatre. It's probably only of any use to you if you are actually going to something at that venue. Sorry, don't remember the exact price of their pre theatre menu, but I do remember that the food was damm good for the price charged. The items on the menu and the desserts in particular were very innovative and not your usual standard fare.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I'd recommend the early bird menu at Les Freres jacques next door to the Olympia on Dame Street. 2 course is €20, 3 course is €25. It is fine dining classic french fare.

Unless you are vegetarian - they give you scrambled eggs for your starter and scrambled eggs and lettuce for your main.

and this was after phoning ahead to check they cater for vegetarians on their early bird menu. Horrible, Horrible place would never set foot in the place again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

John Mason wrote: »
    Unless you are vegetarian - they give you scrambled eggs for your starter and scrambled eggs and lettuce for your main.

and this was after phoning ahead to check they cater for vegetarians on their early bird menu. Horrible, Horrible place would never set foot in the place again.

They literally served you scrambled eggs for a starter and then scrambled eggs again for a main ?

I can't comment on their vegetarian options because it is not something I go for. But in my experience Les Freres Jacques has thrown me up at least four or five top class meals since I discovered it at the beginning of the year. I can't fault it and reckon for the price, quality of food and service it offers excellent value for money.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    They literally served you scrambled eggs for a starter and then scrambled eggs again for a main ?

I can't comment on their vegetarian options because it is not something I go for. But in my experience Les Freres Jacques has thrown me up at least four or five top class meals since I discovered it at the beginning of the year. I can't fault it and reckon for the price, quality of food and service it offers excellent value for money.

Been there a few times, its always been lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

John Mason wrote: »

The French don't have much time for vegetarians. It's like going to a steakhouse and complaining about a limited vegetarian options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Still though, you would think a high end restaurant would be able to provide more than scrambled eggs. That's just a lazy chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Shegull

Caonima wrote: »
    +1

Pricey, but nice

True but they do a pre theatre menu 3 courses for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

theblackboardbistro.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

The Kitchen, on South Anne St. They do an Early Bird menu for 23€ (2 course) or 26€ (3 course), the food and service are just great! I particularly like their wine selection. Nothing too fancy, either.

http://www.thekitchen.ie/dinner-kitchen-restaurant/early-bird/

Advertisement