Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food and coffee in UCD

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

If you went that far, they might charge you for two... but I've seen generous portions count as one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chikatita

how much is the pizza in centra and whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

chikatita wrote: »
    how much is the pizza in centra and whats it like?

Filling enough and somewhat tasty but I wouldn't say the ingredients are particularly "good".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chikatita

got one, it was disgusting to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Am I the only one that finds UCD food... kinda gross?

Obviously the sambos and all are grand.
    So far this year I've gotten:

Got a chicken pesto toasted sandwich in the deli of the SU shop beneath the library - pretty tasty!

Chicken curry in the restaurant - filling, tasted grand, cost around 7 quid though!

Other than that:

-Chicken curry in the SU shop under JJ - nope
    -Stir fry in the restaurant - nope
    -Pizza in the restaurant - nope
    -Chicken goujons and chips in the restaurant - meh (It's more expensive than in Cafe Brava but the chips are better and you get one more goujon but the batter on them isn't as good as Cafe Bravas IMHO :D )
    -Veg soup in the restaurant - watery chunks
    -Cafe Brava - I don't remember their chips being so crappy? The goujons are okay though.

I dunno, maybe I'm picky. I find the more "wholesome" food in the restaurant tends to be watery and bland. And the more greasy stuff like pizza just isn't great at all.

Wedges in centra though - €1.50 Nom :D

Anyone tried the lunch in the bar? I'm interested to give that a go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Best food and best prices are found in the Science building in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

I may be wrong but Kylemore appear to be gone from Smurfit. The starbucks station is gone and all machines are now Lavazza (really nice roast).

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

I find all food sold on UCD campus is expensive and bland. The only place I've seen that use decent ingredients and have very reasonable prices is Molloy's Centra (by the Merville residences). Their hot food counter is great, and they have special offers on in the shop all the time. I've bought a whole days worth of food for a fiver before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Love the cafe beside the Pool and the SU shop under the library is pretty good also.

Bonus points for the Science restaurant being called Pi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bringupthebook

The queue in Starbucks in Quinn in the morning is getting worse. I dont know if they have less staff or have staff assigned to back room stuff but I queued for 20 minutes this morning and yesterday to get a coffee. One guy making the coffees and one on the til. I hardly had time to drink it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

The queue in Starbucks in Quinn in the morning is getting worse. I dont know if they have less staff or have staff assigned to back room stuff but I queued for 20 minutes this morning and yesterday to get a coffee. One guy making the coffees and one on the til. I hardly had time to drink it!

Its not bad before 10am. I've never queued that long.

The reason is less staff (Usually one before 10am) and secondly they normally take an order and make it, and then return for the next order. If you don't have two staff then you can't have one on the till and the other making. There are at least 3 members of staff who are obviously inexperienced however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Love the cafe beside the Pool and the SU shop under the library is pretty good also.

Bonus points for the Science restaurant being called Pi :)

It used to be called elements. And you could get Bacon and Pancakes for 3 or so euro.

#thingswerebetterinmyday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

BX 19 wrote: »
    It used to be called elements. And you could get Bacon and Pancakes for 3 or so euro.

#thingswerebetterinmyday

That was amazing. Hard to think it was over 3.5 years ago for myself. Quality dropped a little towards the end however.

Advertisement