Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imax b6 noob question

• 08-09-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Sorry, this is a newbie question, but I've gotten a Lipo battery for my g&g Sr25, but I've never used a Lipo before. Does anyone have this charger, as I looked at YouTube videos, and they all connect the battery to the output side on the right hand side, but on my charger they only have female end connector. On the left hand side it has crocdile connectors, which I do have male ends for to charge batteries, and it does have Lipo written on that side. I know, it's prob a stupid question, but don't want to burn the house down :/

IMAG0038.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭drifterex

IMAG0037.jpg

Picture of the left side where the crocodile connectors are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

It looks to me as if you have a clone/copy of the Imax B6
    The left side is the input (power in) and the right side is the output (charge)
    The crocodile clips are for connecting to a car battery very handy for charging during a game when no mains power is available

When charging a Lipo battery with a Imax you need to connect to both the output lead Tamiya connector and also connect the balancer plug to the body of the charger also on the right side

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭drifterex

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. Could just get someone to make me up a male Tamiya to male small Tamiya connector and I'll be in business then. Strange thing is all the connections that came with it are the female ones (as in the first pic), so all the same as the battery connectors, so I'll have to get adapters to fit anything.

Maybe I'll just buy a different charger altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

There is no need for a different charger as the Imax is one of the best there is
    All you need is to change the Tamiya connector on the charge lead Mid West Airsoft do a range of leads for changing from Deans to Tamiya and from Tamiya large to small

Advertisement