Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aritech c350 low battery after changing

Options
  • 08-09-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I have replaced my spent 3 amp battery with a 3.5 amp as recommended by hardware shop. Alarm doesn't set.. says code accepted then system disarmed. I have pulled the mains wire out and the low battery warning disappears for a while but re appears soon after. Any ideas?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like the battery is not charging?
    Have you checked the battery fuse & the voltage on the battery leads with the battery disconnected?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brenster75

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sounds like the battery is not charging?
    Have you checked the battery fuse & the voltage on the battery leads with the battery disconnected?

Thanks for that. I may admit I am not sure how too. I have switched main fuse off with and without the battery connected. Cannot see battery fuse on the alarm board. Only sensors. Do I need an electrician to check the voltage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you power the system down & just connect the battery does the panel power up?
    After that you would need a multi meter to check the battery voltage 7 the charge voltage.
    If your getting someone to look at it you need to use a PSA licenced company not an electrician.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If you power the system down & just connect the battery does the panel power up?
    I don't know anything about this system, but it's not entirely unusual for battery-backed equipment to refuse to "cold start" from battery without mains present.

• Advertisement

If there is a good charge this panel will power up.
    If it doesn't it will confirm the battery is well below 12 volts or the battery fuse may be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tina Shower

Hello,
    I have an Aritech C350 house alarm, today I was changing the battery in themain box as I have done beofre with no issues. I had everything connected and turned to put the cover back on and the battery fell out of the box and pulled the minus wire out of the PCB. I am assuming that i will need a soldering iron to put it back in but was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else and if so what you did to fix it.

Thanks in advance
    Tina

Re-soldering it would be the correct way to do it.
    Was it the red or the black cable?

Re-soldering it would be the correct way to do it.
    Was it the red or the black cable?

Yeah.it was the black cable. Seems a little more.difficult...

Try wiring it into the aux -.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Try wiring it into the aux -.

whatever you do. do not solder this to the aux -.
    when it comes to charging batteries there is a charging circuit that protects the pcb and tests the load on the batt. if you solder onto aux neg it will flag up a constant low batt.

I was suggesting wire it into the aux negative output as a quick fix.
    Obviously if soldering solder it back where it came from as I said,that would be the right thing to do.

I was suggesting wire it into the aux negative output as a quick fix.
    Obviously if soldering solder it back where it came from as I said,that would be the right thing to do.

that is not a quick fix. it not a bell its a 12v 7amp battery. the only fix is solder it back in place.

What's aux - got to do with it not being a bell -??
    Permanent - s are common.

What's aux - got to do with it not being a bell -??
    Permanent - s are common.

the aux - has a max current draw. the outputs for a bell has a max current draw.... if the batt start pulling current from the aux what happens? ?? it burns out the output... so back to solder it back in place is the Only solution.

Again, I agree the solder is the proper fix. I was simply offering a temp solution to get up and running.
    I have done this many times as a temp solution and never blew an output.

Again, I agree the solder is the proper fix. I was simply offering a temp solution to get up and running.
    I have done this many times as a temp solution and never blew an output.

So to solder it in place I.just.melt.the solder and push the wire in?

So to solder it in place I.just.melt.the solder and push the wire in?

At the original location, yes.
    I'm not sure what others are suggesting here.
    The +would still come from the battery +and all negatives from the panel are common anyway.
    The draw on different outputs is on the + and is protected by the individual fuses

Advertisement