Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carry a subject??

Options
  • 08-09-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,

This is a daft question but if you fail a repeat can you carry that subject into the next year?? Is it completely unheard of ?

I'm not in that situation thank god but was just curious. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭dmc17

booyou18 wrote: »
    Hey,

This is a daft question but if you fail a repeat can you carry that subject into the next year?? Is it completely unheard of ?

I'm not in that situation thank god but was just curious. :rolleyes:

As far as I know you can't move on to the next year but you can repeat just the subject you failed for the next year. If you pass second time around, you can move onto the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

No you cannot carry a subject. You have a choice as to how you repeat.
    You can repeat internally or externally. Internally means you attend lectures, tutorials and do any continuous assessment required and pay fee's
    If your repeating externally, you have no access to the LIT Network (Moodle, Internet, etc) or tutors and just pay for the repeats when they come along

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Midnight Shadow

There may be exceptions which allow you to carry a fail if the course is semesterised...eg you fail a subject in semester 1...but you can progress to semester 2 and repeat the failed subject the following autumn...

With courses that have year long subjects/modules the previous replies are correct.

One other exception...and it depends on the course ...is that failed work placement in year three (or incomplete work placement) MAY allow you to progress...but like all subjects/modules, you will have to pass it eventually to finish the course

Advertisement