Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hipster supporters

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How does supporting a team make somebody hipster? I'm a Bohs season ticket holder. If we were to ever become successful again (IF) then I wouldn't care if people jumped on the bandwagon. The more money people pump into the club the better as far as I'm concerned. I'm only a recent blow in myself. I wouldn't begrudge anybody for wanting to support Bohs or any other team that might be doing well. Sure look at Dundalk. Attendances were absolute shít last season but they're on the cusp of winning the title this season and they've seen a massive influx in crowd numbers.

People who use the term hipster can't be taken too seriously imo.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

That is such a hipster thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Used to attend Watford games when I was 6 in Vicarage Road. Used to live a short enough train journey from them. Soft spot for them ever since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

lala88 wrote: »
    You always see people supporting obscure clubs like Yeovil, Oldham, York, Sheffield Wednesday etc

Do people only support teams like this so they can seem like there not following the rest (i.e. a hipster) by supporting man Utd, Liverpool etc

People from Wexford or Carlow referring to say Sheffield Wednesday as ''we'' when theres a good chance they've never been to a Sheffield Wednesday game in there life.

I use Sheffield Wednesday as an example as they seem to be a very popular obscure club people support.

What do people think?

What???? How old are you, 15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

Does anyone really have a 'proper' reason for supporting a team? I think that you can support anyone you want without having to justify it. I started supporting Bayern Munich because I felt bad for them in 1999. I don't consider that a better or worse reason for supporting a team than someone who was born in a certain place, had a family member who supported the team or because they were on top of the table when they developed an interest in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

lahalane wrote: »
    Does anyone really have a 'proper' reason for supporting a team?

Yes. Loads of people do. I'm from the area where my team are from. They're part of the fabric of my community. That's a 'proper' reason.

I think that you can support anyone you want without having to justify it. I started supporting Bayern Munich because I felt bad for them in 1999. I don't consider that a better or worse reason for supporting a team than someone who was born in a certain place, had a family member who supported the team or because they were on top of the table when they developed an interest in football.

That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this forum!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yes. Loads of people do. I'm from the area where my team are from. They're part of the fabric of my community. That's a 'proper' reason.

So basically geography is the reason you're a supporter? Cool.

Me supporting Bayern is no more ridiculous than any of my friends supporting Man United because Roy Keane played for them, they were winning a lot, they were well known.

You must've missed the part where I said they're part of my community did you? Why do Clare people support Clare? And why do we all support Ireland?

And yeah,your mates reason is just as ridiculous in my book actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hipster this

hipster that

hipster threads

seriously fcuk off.

You must've missed the part where I said they're part of my community did you? Why do Clare people support Clare? And why do we all support Ireland?

I can never understand the part of the community argument. Maybe if the players were your neighbours and friends but that's probably not the case is it?

I don't support Tipperary or Ireland either by the way. Geography never influences my decisions to like/dislike a team.

I can never understand the part of the community argument. Maybe if the players were your neighbours and friends but that's probably not the case is it?

I don't support Tipperary or Ireland either by the way. Geography never influences my decisions to like/dislike a team.

It's simple for me really, it's a tribal thing. You either get it or you don't. I'll leave it at that though because you said you don't support Tipp or Ireland so we're prob on a different wavelength and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is LOI included?

If so my 20+ years supporting bohs must make me a hipster of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I started supporting Manchester United coz I fancied David Beckham.

Big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Mars Bar wrote: »

Big deal.

You should be called Yorkie Bar!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

So you only support teams from your immediate community? You have absolutely no interest in following a foreign team?

Reekwind wrote: »
    So you only support teams from your immediate community? You have absolutely no interest in following a foreign team?

Never said that. Just because I support my local team doesn't mean I don't watch foreign teams. I watch any and all matches. But only feel for one team. Not that odd is it?

Mars Bar wrote: »

Big deal.

No sure a lot of people support who they support for the same reasons that their brothers and Dad did :p

Advertisement