Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CleanIRL bin collection pay by weight?

• 08-09-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

So watching the rubbish guys the other day, how did they actually know how much is in my bin and that it was actually my bin?
    I presume the machine gets the weight when it lifts the bin up to tip it in, but how does it know its mine?
    Just wondering because they were doing the neighbours and mine at the same time and they were just picking the bins and dumping them in no order.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

There's an rf tag embedded in the corner of the bin. Its how they tell whose bin it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Thanks Bro.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It reads the rf tag as above, and it won't lift the bin if your account was flagged. There is usually a sticker on the bin with the account holder's name to indicate which bin is whose just in case they get mixed up, has happened me loads of times and haven't had any problems

Advertisement