Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Tactics and Tips

Options
  • 08-09-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Hey guys whats the story getting back into the game recently just wondering whats the most effective tactics to use in the game no matter what leagues you're doing

I tried alot of things and rarely works for me maybe im just rubbish at the game have no problem with the likes of big teams but when it comes to trying my hand at an obscure league i can't get anywhere

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I tend to go 4-2-3-1 at the moment

DLF up top

Two supporting wingers

One AP or AM set to attack, or support

Two CMs, one support, one defend

Two full backs in support

Two CD's

I'm currently toying with the idea of two wing backs with 3 centre defenders.. Have one CM instead of two

Could work nicely so going to see how it goes later.

I'll probably have a BWM in Support as my CM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Do ya go attacking then or what in the team instructions, Im actually using that formattion would ya believe at the moment with team instructions set to attack , Getting results at home 2-0, 1-0s but away im getting battered 7-0 and 5-1 being the notable ones

Im playing in the Chilean Division 1B with Magganelles , there the 1st one's to offer me a job i started out unemployed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I alter my tactics depending on the opposition until I have built myself a beast team, then I pretty much play my way and its up to them to alter their tactics to deal with me :)

I like to play possession football, short passing and lots of interchange in the forward line, if Im chasing a game I am not above going more direct though I still like to keep it on the deck.

I like a 4231 wide and a 451 with a DM and wingers. The 442 has its merits of course

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I tend to go Fluid Attacking but then again I am currently playing Man Utd :)

• Site Banned Posts: 34 Henry Gondorff

4-1-3-2 when away

4-3-1-2 when home

never failed me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

4-1-3-2 when away

4-3-1-2 when home

never failed me

You attack more away from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

You attack more away from home?

dont think he does!!

4-1-3-2 usually means a back four, then an anchor man, then 3 midfielders and 2 up front

4-3-1-2 would be a back four then three midfielders, one man in "the hole" and 2 up front

4-3-1-2 is more attacking, basically you drop the anchor and add an attacking role

• Site Banned Posts: 34 Henry Gondorff

Riskymove wrote: »
    dont think he does!!

4-1-3-2 usually means a back four, then an anchor man, then 3 midfielders and 2 up front

4-3-1-2 would be a back four then three midfielders, one man in "the hole" and 2 up front

4-3-1-2 is more attacking, basically you drop the anchor and add an attacking role

This is it in a nutshell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I dont think anything but 4-4-2 works in any of the lower leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Formations are all well in good but what kind of team instructions and stuff do you all use ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

normally i start with 4-1-2-2-1, with control or counter instructions, then after building a good team that goes to 4-2-2-2.
    In general though i have tried so many tactics and these are the only one that work for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Are your 2 behind the striker wide or narrow?

As in

x
    x
    x
    x
    x----x
    x
    x
    x----x

or what?

I like to use that very attacking formation a lot too but wouldn't think a

x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

x----x

x
    x

would be of much use?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭skybhoy121

me is it kryogen?
    4-2-2-2 lines up like

X...X...X...X
    ,....X...X
    X.............X
    ....X..X
    Attacking mode
    two CM are DLP and BWM so there not exactly anchormen
    this works best when u hav a superior team than the majority of ur opponents

the 4-1-2-2-1
    X..X..X..X
    ......X
    ....X..X
    X..........X
    .......X
    this is more of a solid team for some of the lesser clubs..its effiecient...creates a solid platform can play control( vs teams u shud be beating) and counter (vs bigger teams)

i have been playin awhile and generally hav experimented around with diff tactics and cant find any that work long term other than these

Advertisement