Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partners Wanter for Business Promotion!

Options
  • 08-09-2013 3:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42

Hi Everybody,

HOME IMPROVEMENT ADVERTISER

As a small business you might not have the funds to promote your product or service. But I might have the answer for you.

I am looking at doing an advertising campaign to include ourselves and other small companies. The aim is to produce an 8 or 16 page advertiser that would be inserted into one of the national newspapers. - (Similar to Lidl Type Magazine) - I would plan to run this advertiser from Sept - December. In order to corner some Christmas trade. Is there any small businesses out there who would like to join me take some space in the advertiser. I am offering the space at a cost price, this way we can all promote our businesses. Anybody interested let me know by PM.

I hope this is not seen as self promotions by the boards website, I don't need to be banned again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

I think you concept is flawed. It would seem to make very little economic sense for any small home improvement businesses to advertise nationally, when they are only operating in a local area.

Have you done the actual research on costs involved and come up with real pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

benbrown wrote: »

I hope this is not seen as self promotions by the boards website, I don't need to be banned again.

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 benbrown

I accept peterdalkey's comments and I can agree with him. But I would also like to point out that there are many businesses local in any city who might have an online presence and they might like to attract people countrywide to buy products or services. And I am also sure that there are plenty of small companies who would be willing to travel in order to secure contracts that might be worth their while. As for researching this I have done some research and I am awaiting some quotes for printing etc.

There would be nothing done until a meeting between interested parties takes place and everybody knows what is involved. Then we could decide on who goes into the advertiser and how many times we produce it between now and Christmas in order to capture some of the Lucrative Christmas Market. If people are still interested. Let me know by return.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭CapedCrusader

My opinion is that without some numbers, this concept is void of interest to anyone. People will need to see some details before they would consider expending their time meeting with you.

For example:

I'm proposing 16 pages to be included in X paper for Y days with a circulation of Z per issue. An full page will cost €XXX in total.

Advertisement