Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4G on Samsung S4 on Voda Portugal

• 08-09-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Hi I have a Tesco mobile S4 unlocked with a Vodafone Portugal 4g sim but I cannot get on 4g network. I can get 2g/3g no problems, but cannot get access to 4g even with LTE only selected. Any ideas of a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Where are you? I don't think there's any 4G coverage outside Lisbon (and maybe Porto).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

In Albuferia, in LTE only mode the phone is showing all three networks but trying to select Vodafone manually will not allow access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 techspex2736

What is the error message exactly

"Unable to connect, try later"

I assume you have the I9505 and not the I9500? The I9500 does not support 4g AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I assume you have the I9505 and not the I9500? The I9500 does not support 4g AFAIK.

I think Tesco (and all other networks) sells I9505 here which does have 4G.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9505_galaxy_s4-5371.php

Ya phone is LTE enabled, unlocked and 4g sim and receiving 4g signal. Just trying it over here but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 techspex2736

As this is Tesco's mobile and they are where you sourced the phone have you tried talking to them about the problem

Also if you know any Portuguese then you could try going into the vodafone portugal shop and explain your case as it could be there 4G masts that are the problem

As this is Tesco's mobile and they are where you sourced the phone have you tried talking to them about the problem

Also if you know any Portuguese then you could try going into the vodafone portugal shop and explain your case as it could be there 4G masts that are the problem

Cheers, I am back in Ireland now, never got it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

How do you.enable lte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That just goes to show how shíte our networks are. Portugal has LTE before use.

How do you.enable lte

I use "Advance Signal Status" app from play store, you can select LTE only etc on S4. You can search what 4g networks are live in your area if any, currently I am getting Voda, Meteor and O2, no access to any obviously.

Can't understand why I couldn't get on Voda Portugal with a 4g sim while I was there and I tried it here too with Voda IRL but no luck.

On a side note I did a speed test on Voda Portugal and got 11.5 MB download on H+, very impressed.

Advertisement