Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

emobile upgrade

Options
  • 08-09-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

My better half was due an upgrade so she went into emobile yesterday to go for an upgrade, the sales agent had a look over the phone and saw a crack in the screen and tgent said she  could swap her phone and that she would get €100 off her new upgrade and so she would only have to pay €20 .

My partner did not have all the documentation on her to complete the transaction for the upgrade so she said she would call back tomorrow with everything.

She went in today and was all excited about getting her new phone. The agent went onto her computer, got my partner to sign various documentation, asked her was it alright to submit she she said yes, only when the girl at the counter logged the new phone, did she then open back of phone and noticed that there was a red strip on back indicating water damage and that she could not use her phone for trade in, (No idea how it became water damaged in one day when it was no where near water) and that she wouldnt get anything for it. Only reason she was getting that particular phone was that she could trade in old one. The agent then told my partner to go into a pawn shop to see if they would give her any money for it. (very embarrassing for her i have to say).

They , of course were only offering a meager price so my partner refused them
    Anyway she went back to the sales agent in emobile and told them the bad news and she cant take the new phone, to which the sales agent instead of offering her a cheaper option said the new phone (which she refused to give my partner unless she could pay the extra €120 for it) said she was locked into the new phone and wouldnt be able to get a different phone. 

Locked into a new phone before thoroughly checking old phone and transaction is made?
    Is this normal practice or was the sales agent trying to earn her commission and make sure that my partner took the more expensive phone by saying she was locked in

Seems very strange to me 
    Almost like a sales tactic to me and a dirty one at that

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Sin City wrote: »
    My better half was due an upgrade so she went into emobile yesterday to go for an upgrade, the sales agent had a look over the phone and saw a crack in the screen and tgent said she  could swap her phone and that she would get €100 off her new upgrade and so she would only have to pay €20 .

My partner did not have all the documentation on her to complete the transaction for the upgrade so she said she would call back tomorrow with everything.

She went in today and was all excited about getting her new phone. The agent went onto her computer, got my partner to sign various documentation, asked her was it alright to submit she she said yes, only when the girl at the counter logged the new phone, did she then open back of phone and noticed that there was a red strip on back indicating water damage and that she could not use her phone for trade in, (No idea how it became water damaged in one day when it was no where near water) and that she wouldnt get anything for it. Only reason she was getting that particular phone was that she could trade in old one. The agent then told my partner to go into a pawn shop to see if they would give her any money for it. (very embarrassing for her i have to say).

They , of course were only offering a meager price so my partner refused them
    Anyway she went back to the sales agent in emobile and told them the bad news and she cant take the new phone, to which the sales agent instead of offering her a cheaper option said the new phone (which she refused to give my partner unless she could pay the extra €120 for it) said she was locked into the new phone and wouldnt be able to get a different phone. 

Locked into a new phone before thoroughly checking old phone and transaction is made?
    Is this normal practice or was the sales agent trying to earn her commission and make sure that my partner took the more expensive phone by saying she was locked in

Seems very strange to me 
    Almost like a sales tactic to me and a dirty one at that
    Hi Sin City,

I can assure you that this is not the norm in these situations. Could you advise what eMobile store that your partner went into.

Also could you ask your partner to PM me the mobile number and PIN for the account. I will be able get this investigated.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Pm sent

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

Sin City wrote: »
    Pm sent
    Thanks Sin City,

I will get this investigated.

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Hi Grainne
    Any update?