Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on living location in Dublin

Options
  • 08-09-2013 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be moving to Dublin for work in the next month or so from the North and looking for some advice on what locations I should be looking at. Although I know the city, I wouldn't have any idea where to be looking to live.

I'm going to be working close to Stephens Green and need to drive in everyday, ideally we're looking for a house with a small garden & parking with rent in the region of E1,150 or less. It'd be handy if shops/pubs/takeaways etc are nearby but not a deal breaker.

Any advice would be appreciated here, thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

To be honest driving in to Stephen's Green area is not great - the traffic getting in and out of town can be a nightmare during rush hour.

It may be worth looking at somewhere along the Green Luas Line - you could check on Daft to see what you'd get in places like Rathmines, Ranelagh, Miltown and Dundrum (relatively close to town).

If you're happy enough with the car commute then I'd suggest the anywhere on the south-side but to be honest it doesn't matter where you'll be coming from traffic will be an issue.

On the south-side I've lived in Rathmines, Deansgrange, Chapelizod & Drimnagh and thought they were all great in their own way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Thanks, I'll look into those. A large part of the job involves driving, so I've no real option but to bring the car in unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thanks, I'll look into those. A large part of the job involves driving, so I've no real option but to bring the car in unfortunately!
    What time would you be starting at? I ask as if it's early, you may get away with a bit of extra driving (less traffic).

=-=

Anyone here know what's the Canal Road like in the mornings? Would the OP be able to skirt along there in the morning, if he got a place in somewhere like Lucan, etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

the_syco wrote: »
    What time would you be starting at? I ask as if it's early, you may get away with a bit of extra driving (less traffic).

It varies, but most days around 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

• Advertisement
Advertisement