Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting passengers from a cruise ship in Dublin

Options
  • 08-09-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

A friend is arriving in on a cruise ship in a few weeks and I thought it would be nice to meet up with them at the berth. The only problem is that I don't know how easy/not this is.

I know that if they are at the berth nearest the Point I can meet them there no problem once they get outside the security gate, but I have no idea what the arrangements are like for other berths.

Looking at google maps, it should just be a question of coming down Alexandra Road and turning off at the relevant turn. Is it this simple, or is there restricted parking or other problems like that?

Getting close to the berth is important - I don't necessarily want them to have to trudge through the docks in the rain (it will be late September) just for the privilege of meeting me in my car when they could just as easily get the shuttle bus to the city and I could meet them there.

z

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Security is very tight (thanks to 9/11 in the main) around all ports and commercial harbours. Your best bet would be to meet them in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

zagmund wrote: »
    A friend is arriving in on a cruise ship in a few weeks and I thought it would be nice to meet up with them at the berth. The only problem is that I don't know how easy/not this is.

I know that if they are at the berth nearest the Point I can meet them there no problem once they get outside the security gate, but I have no idea what the arrangements are like for other berths.

Looking at google maps, it should just be a question of coming down Alexandra Road and turning off at the relevant turn. Is it this simple, or is there restricted parking or other problems like that?

Getting close to the berth is important - I don't necessarily want them to have to trudge through the docks in the rain (it will be late September) just for the privilege of meeting me in my car when they could just as easily get the shuttle bus to the city and I could meet them there.

z

The best way is to have him notify the purser office onboard,so they know he has someone coming to visit,so they can arrange the paperwork before he arrives in port.
    As long as its approved by captain and security onboard it shouldnt be a problem.

Advertisement