Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB RTE 1/ GOLD off the air

Options
  • 08-09-2013 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I seem to have lost popular DAB stations RTE 1/ 2 and Gold, can only get RTE Radio 1 Extra, was fine until Friday but gone since Saturday.

I have tried both my DAB radios, any one else have the same problem?

Are they gone for good??? Hope not coz I really miss them!! :(

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have you tried a retune?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

They eventually came back late last night so back in Biz!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

There is ads on the radio stations informing of stations moving and telling listeners to retune, so even though you have them back at the moment... it might be best to retune anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

I have 10 (9 working) DAB stations down here in Wickla.

How many should I expect to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tallaght Twin

I did a rescan yesterday and got 28 stations, but admittedly that includes a number of "retune" stations, and all the DAB+ stations, so in reality I probably have 12 stations. If you have the 70s station and the Amazing Radio station, then you are probably up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

I did a rescan yesterday and got 28 stations, but admittedly that includes a number of "retune" stations, and all the DAB+ stations, so in reality I probably have 12 stations. If you have the 70s station and the Amazing Radio station, then you are probably up to date.

Got my usual RTE stations but no 70's station or Amazing Radio, are they in Dublin only??

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Chef-1st

PS: if you see "retune", this just means you need to do an auto-tune or re-tune of your stations. It's not an actual station.
    All the usual stations should be still there, incl 70's, 80's Gold, etc...
    Here is an extract from RTE about DAB radio:

http://www.rte.ie/radio/page/rte-radio-ways-to-listen.html#analogue-digital

To tune these stations in for the first time, select ‘auto-tune’ or ‘scan’ on your Digital Radio. The Dab Ireland MUX 1 along with all of the stations it contains will be found and stored in your radio. From this point on, the stations are available in a simple list on the radio’s display. While each radio model differs, selecting is usually done by turning a knob and pressing ‘Select’.

Occasionally the need to re-tune your set may arise. If you experience any loss or interruption of service please perform the steps outlined above. In addition to this you may want to remove the old stations in your radio set that may no longer be on air. Every set will have the option to ‘prune or remove inactive stations’. Performing this task will ensure your set only displays radio stations that are on air in your area.
    Re-tuning your digital radio

From time to time stations move channels or digital radio line-ups change meaning that you may have to retune your digital radio so you can continue to receive your favourite stations.
    Re-tune instructions

For all DAB digital radios at your home or in your car, refer to the instructions for your particular product on how you re-tune, delete old station labels and reset your presets. If you don’t have a manual it is often possible to get it online by searching for the make and model of your radio.
    Most digital radios can be re-tuned using the following simple instructions:
    Press the Auto-Tune or Auto Scan button on your digital radio. It may take a couple of minutes for your radio to update the station list.
    However, not all digital radios re-tune in the same way. The instructions below cover some other options.

OPTION 1:
    1. Press the Auto Tune or Auto Scan button on your digital radio
    2. The display screen will show 'Autotune Quick scan' / 'Fast Scanning'
    3. As new stations are found the station counter on the right hand side of the display will increase and new stations will be added to the list
    4. This should only take a couple of minutes
    5. Simply scroll through the display to find the stations available to you

OPTION 2:
    1. Press 'Menu' button on your digital radio
    2. Rotate the 'Tune' button until you see 'Autotune' in the display 3. Select 'Autotune'
    4. As new stations are found the station counter on the right hand side of the display will increase and new stations will be added to the list
    5. This should only take a couple of minutes
    6. Simply scroll through the display to find the stations available to you

Advertisement