Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I can also imagine your Italian classes went like this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Ah mate, you did grand, don't worry about it! In the words of our elders "sure 'tis only the Junior Cert" ;) And if it makes you feel any better what I got on results day was not a meal out, no trip anywhere nope I got a donut :rolleyes: 'Tis a great life isn't it
    Thanks :). and yes, my italian class did go a little like that :D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't forget, like some people take a growth spurt at different times and at different ages, it's the same with academic things. Many people do a fairly mediocre Junior and then with TY and/or 5th year do much better in the Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Irish - C (knew it wouldnt be good :P)
    English - A
    Maths - B
    History - B (very disappointed considering i got over 90's every other exam including mocks)
    Geography - A
    French - A
    Business - B (also disappointed as usually good at business plus did an extra long question in both papers)
    Music - B
    Science - B (disappointed, usually A)
    CSPE - B (come on :P)
    Religion - B (thought i did well...)

2 A's, 8 B's and a C

Overall, pretty disappointed. I know a lot would be happy with that but I was aiming more for 6 A's. Some of my friends who I'm usually better than got around the same or better. I'm consistently top of my class and now I feel that I'm not really an that a lot more did better. My history teacher suggested i might get History checked, not that it matters, but that I usually get A's and he said i deserve it. He said last year he had 10 A's in his class but this year there were only 3 and that a lot of B's should have been A's. Oh well, its not like it matters, other than to us personally and its not gonna effect me later in life. I guess i probably could have done more study too...

Ah well, putting it out of my head. Lunch in an hour or so with my family and then going out, tonight should be fun anyway, pick my spirits up ;)

Bluestrike wrote: »
    Irish - C (knew it wouldnt be good :P)
    English - A
    Maths - B
    History - B (very disappointed considering i got over 90's every other exam including mocks)
    Geography - A
    French - A
    Business - B (also disappointed as usually good at business plus did an extra long question in both papers)
    Music - B
    Science - B (disappointed, usually A)
    CSPE - B (come on :P)
    Religion - B (thought i did well...)

2 A's, 8 B's and a C

Overall, pretty disappointed. I know a lot would be happy with that but I was aiming more for 6 A's. Some of my friends who I'm usually better than got around the same or better. I'm consistently top of my class and now I feel that I'm not really an that a lot more did better. My history teacher suggested i might get History checked, not that it matters, but that I usually get A's and he said i deserve it. He said last year he had 10 A's in his class but this year there were only 3 and that a lot of B's should have been A's. Oh well, its not like it matters, other than to us personally and its not gonna effect me later in life. I guess i probably could have done more study too...

Ah well, putting it out of my head. Lunch in an hour or so with my family and then going out, tonight should be fun anyway, pick my spirits up ;)
    Same here, i'm very disappointed with history. Might get English re-checked as I think a monkey must of corrected my exam, I don't know how the hell I got a D! :mad: I told my friends and they don't believe me that I got a D, even my English teacher is sad. Must of been the handwriting ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Results are grand. Now I'm worried I'll do the opposite of what Spurious said (btw, howye) and get thicker as I go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Same here, i'm very disappointed with history. Might get English re-checked as I think a monkey must of corrected my exam, I don't know how the hell I got a D! :mad: I told my friends and they don't believe me that I got a D, even my English teacher is sad. Must of been the handwriting ...

I feel the same, my hand-writing is pretty atrocious...Ah well, move on and actually study for leaving certand not a week or 2 before like i did with the Junior Cert :/

Is anybody getting any thing rechecked? Sure isn't it a bit of a waste what with it only being the JC and all...

Anyways lads y'all did great, it seems as if the majority of the "old gang"/"the cheaters in the mock papers" have posted :P
    All the PMs I got about what was on the history paper :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rach.xo

Hey, I'm pretty new around here so I'm just gonna come in and start talking:)

Irish - A
    English - B
    Maths - B
    History - A
    Geography - A
    French - A
    Business - A
    Music - A
    Science - B
    CSPE - A
    Religion - B

^all higher
    Overall I'm really happy! Kindof annoyed about English though, got a's all year and in the mocks so will probably get that rechecked. And religion too! I am shocked that I got an A in music!! Sounds like so many people i know got B's in cspe whaaat?! But well done to you all everyone here did seriously well!:) So happy this is all over though!!

• Advertisement

Seems like I'm the only person on this who did business and didn't get an A :o

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Here it is, lads. My Junior Cert :D
    YQXfoFp.jpg

Blocked out some stuff for whatever reasons. All in all, really happy! Was dissapointed in Geo, Science and CSPE but more than made up for it by getting an A in English and Maths. Never thought I'd get an A in English!

What would happen if the examiner can't read your writing on an exam? I think this happened with my English, might review it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

What would happen if the examiner can't read your writing on an exam? I think this happened with my English, might review it. :p

Yeah, I think this happened to ALL my subjects, my writing gets terrible when I write too much or too fast, we will know by 4pm :):):)

But my teacher told me if the examiner cannot read your writing he/she will pass it on to another person who deals with the writing issue and if they too cannot read it, it will be marked as illegible, that is how it works as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Hhaha same my JC results were great but i got a 'D' in English and a 'C' in CSPE!!! How the f*** does that happen? I'm always getting an A/B in English and i got a C1 for it in mocks and 97% in CSPE for mocks. Oh well, I'm gonna see if i can appeal for my English too. Overall I got the 3rd highest result in my JC year :p

But my teacher told me if the examiner cannot read your writing he/she will pass it on to another person who deals with the writing issue and if they too cannot read it, it will be marked as illegible, that is how it works as far as I remember.
    Well, my writing is readable from my teachers' point of view, but the examiner could mistake letters/words for other letters/words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭OiOshawott

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Seems like I'm the only person on this who did business and didn't get an A :o

I got a C but idc

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

What are everyone's plans for tonight? Anyone around the Limerick area going to Halo?

Hey guys so I joined boards 3 years ago when I was doing my JC (so long ago now, you may still be able to find my results thread on here somewhere though :P ) Anyway, I am just starting my 1st year in TCD after finishing the LC and just wanted to stop by and post something for you all.
    I know a lot of people feel the JC is useless or that it is an 'indicator' as to what levels you should be doing. In my experience, the LC is completely independent of the JC and you should not be disheartened by any of your results.
    As an example, I got an A in JC French (H) and a B in JC Irish (H) but in the LC I got an A2 in Irish (H) and a B1 in French (H). So I guess the point of this post is to show you that a bad JC result will not mean a bad LC result. Know what you want to do and don't let teachers separate you into 5th year classes by grades!
    If anyone wants to PM me, feel free :)
    Well done again and I hope everyone enjoys their night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Hey guys so I joined boards 3 years ago when I was doing my JC (so long ago now, you may still be able to find my results thread on here somewhere though :P ) Anyway, I am just starting my 1st year in TCD after finishing the LC and just wanted to stop by and post something for you all.
    I know a lot of people feel the JC is useless or that it is an 'indicator' as to what levels you should be doing. In my experience, the LC is completely independent of the JC and you should not be disheartened by any of your results.
    As an example, I got an A in JC French (H) and a B in JC Irish (H) but in the LC I got an A2 in Irish (H) and a B1 in French (H). So I guess the point of this post is to show you that a bad JC result will not mean a bad LC result. Know what you want to do and don't let teachers separate you into 5th year classes by grades!
    If anyone wants to PM me, feel free :)
    Well done again and I hope everyone enjoys their night :D
    An A in LC irish and B in French? Oh wow what a remarkable difference! Thanks man :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭_ReyRey_

Well done to everyone!

(All higher)
    Irish-B
    English-C
    Maths-B
    Science-B
    Geography-B
    History-C
    Spanish-B
    Music-B
    Art-B
    Cspe-B

Did anyone else cry? So many were crying in my year, some from happiness(including myself and my Irish teacher) and some because they were disappointed. Anyway it was a horrid emotional time and I'll never forget it. Now to celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

Sort of disappointed considering the amount of work I put in
    English H-B(really happy with this came up from a C)
    Irish H-B(stayed the same as the mocks)
    Maths H- B(so happy with this really put the effort in and came up from a D in the pres)
    French H-B(thought I did enough for the A)
    History H-B(really disappointed I wanted the A and got in the 90's in the mocks)
    Science H-B(really happy with this as my teacher was terrible)
    WoodWork H-A( happy with lots of effort with my project)
    CSPE-A
    Business H-B(really disappointed with this have been getting A's since first year and got 95% in the mock)
    So overall 7 B's 2 A's would have liked to have had more A's but I'm not going to worried about it and just have fun tonight at halo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Got an A in English somehow and failed nothing.

That's good enough for me.

So got my results and to be honest, I am fairly disappointed, I did good but in my eyes it is terrible so I am not going to post it.
    I checked the marking schemes and I def know that I should have not got the grade I got in 3 or 4 subjects, So who is going to get them Re-Checked ??

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

I did much better than I thought in English, Irish and Maths and did bad for nearly everything else.

All HL

English - C (My prediction was D/E) (Extremely surprised since I got 40% in the mocks)

Irish - A (Prediction was B)

Maths - B (Excellent grade considering we didn't get a Paper 2 for our mocks and instead got Paper 1 questions we already did in class and also I barely studied, properly 2% of the course LOL

French - C (Not my fault, my goddamn lazy teacher's fault for teaching us nothing for 3 years) - Just as I predicted though

Science - C (Again goddamn teacher's fault - Just as predicted)

Business - B (Didn't do much studying in the last few weeks plus for the first time ever my trading account didn't balance, Perfect time for it not to balance) - Predicted

Geography - C (Don't care about this useless subject at all, did absolutely 0% study for Geography in 3rd year for every exam we had including mocks and Christmas) I honestly couldn't care less.) PREDICTED

History - B (Don't care, useless, not doing it for LC, If it weren't for my killer predictions though I would've ended up with a C) - PREDICTED

Tech Graph - E (Don't care, Don't care, Don't care, I skipped like 3/4 of the exam on the day and honestly I couldn't care less for this abomination of a subject) -PREDICTED

CSPE - C (Yes I know, VERY SURPRISING but that's what happens when you don't bring your colouring pencils and end up using green and black pen for your poster that is the most uncreative poster ever, also I think I messed up the project by leaving out a question, my friend didn't get it done though and got an E, hahahaha one of only 2% of the country to fail it)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Why do you think Tech Graph is an "abomination of a subject". I mean just because it's not for you doesn't really make it an abomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

English-B
    Maths-B
    History-A
    Religion-A
    CSPE-B
    Geography-B
    Technology-B
    Technical Graphics-A
    French-C
    Science-B

Could have avoided the Cs and have gotten more As. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭SomberClaws

English-A
    Irish-B
    Maths-B DELIGHTED
    History-B really annoyed with this, I knew everything and was the only subject I was 100% confident with..
    CSPE-B no one in my class got an A
    Geography-B
    French:A did not expect that :)
    Science:A SO HAPPY WITH THIS! Coming out of the exam i was so unhappy because i thought it was an awkward paper!
    German:B
    Business:B
    Overall I'm happy, but I know I can do better :) disappointed with history and cspe though! S happy with english, My english teacher told me i wouldnt get the A, but I got grinds with this wonderful goddess who helped me so much :D she actually teaches in my school now so I gave her the biggest hug and we were both tearing up LOL

• Advertisement

Overall I got
    1A 5B 2C 3D
    All HL
    so disappointed on those 2C's which were def B's and I mean def, I even calculated and the least result that I should had gotten was a B
    Well we will know Nov 8th

Advertisement