Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results 2013

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Unreal day/night
    school today though ;-;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Unreal day/night
    school today though ;-;

Lol, we do not have school till Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Lol, we do not have school till Monday

We have to go back in on Friday D:
    But it's sort of ok because I can't wait to thank all my previous teachers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

We have to go back in on Friday D:
    But it's sort of ok because I can't wait to thank all my previous teachers :D

I cannot wait to stick the middle finger to all my previous teachers, lol JK
    But yeah, teachers did alright, apart from maths who left the school, really miss her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

I cannot wait to stick the middle finger to all my previous teachers, lol JK
    But yeah, teachers did alright, apart from maths who left the school, really miss her

Yeah, same with my French teacher, she was great but she left (think she's coming back though?) a few months before the JC and I really missed her :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Right, on my lunch break. I feel a lot better about my results :).

I'm going to re-check my English paper, what is going to exactly happen? and what will happen if the marks were added wrong etc? Will my English teacher be able to attend? and what happens if my english teacher disagrees with the marks not given to me etc ...? Just curious as all my teachers and friends told me to re-check it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Dude, they would have to be living in Ireland for only a few years to be exempt or dyslexic and trust me, dyslexic people can't get A's in History, French and English

A girl in my year is exempt from Irish for being Polish. She moved here in first class. Also a girl in my year has dyslexia but worked her a** off to make sure she did all honours subjects in her junior cert and she came out with an A in History and English, and all Bs and Cs. Don't just assume because someone's dyslexic they're automatically doomed at school.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

I might get history and classics rechecked. Thought I did good in them coming out of the exam but I got a D in both of them.

I'm going to re-check my English paper, what is going to exactly happen? and what will happen if the marks were added wrong etc? Will my English teacher be able to attend? and what happens if my english teacher disagrees with the marks not given to me etc ...? Just curious as all my teachers and friends told me to re-check it :).

My friend wants to get her English test re-checked too because she came out with a D and it's so unlike her! Since first year she's always gotten As and Bs in every English test and she felt confident about her English test! It was a serious shook for everyone to see her get a D in it! Our English teacher was out yesterday but she's going to ask her about it on Friday :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you look for a recheck, your paper gets sent to a new corrector. Your English teacher is not involved.
    If you are basing how you think you should have done on how your English teacher was marking you during the year, make sure they are an experienced SEC corrector, otherwise they may not be marking to the standard at all.

spurious wrote: »
    If you look for a recheck, your paper gets sent to a new corrector. Your English teacher is not involved.
    If you are basing how you think you should have done on how your English teacher was marking you during the year, make sure they are an experienced SEC corrector, otherwise they may not be marking to the standard at all.
    My English teacher has 20+ odd years of experince in English, he corrected JC and LC papers, and works in the Institute. I just guess I was just out of luck.

I am not born in Ireland, and my parents are not Irish nor English, and I do Higher Level Irish. A teen I know, he's Irish, and has Irish parents, has no brain dis-order, yet, he is excused from Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

I was thrilled with my results when I got them, a little more meh now that I'm off that high but still pretty content, to be honest I didn't deserve an A in Geography xD

English, Irish, Maths, Science, History, French, Religion, CSPE - A

Geography, Music - B

So yeah, 8 As and 2 Bs, I'm delighted with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    My friend wants to get her English test re-checked too because she came out with a D and it's so unlike her! Since first year she's always gotten As and Bs in every English test and she felt confident about her English test! It was a serious shook for everyone to see her get a D in it! Our English teacher was out yesterday but she's going to ask her about it on Friday :)

The opposite sort of happened to me. I got 47% in the Christmas test for English then 40% for mocks then I left out literally no kidding, I left out half of paper 2 for the JC because I am a slowpoke (all of studied poetry, bit of unseen, I think all of studied drama and a bit of unseen fiction) then a true miracle happened, I'm almost certain that my examiner corrected my paper wrong because I got a C when I clearly deserved a D. Very Very Very pleasant surprise, I did ZERO STUDY for the mocks and for the JC and left out half of Paper 2 for the mocks and JC then I end up with a C. HOW ON EARTH SERIOUSLY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Out of interest, is it possible to get some sort of ranking of how you did? I'd just like to know if I'm in the top 500/1000/whatever students this year. I think I did the best in my school, but I haven't heard from everybody.

A97 wrote: »
    Out of interest, is it possible to get some sort of ranking of how you did? I'd just like to know if I'm in the top 500/1000/whatever students this year. I think I did the best in my school, but I haven't heard from everybody.
    As far as I know if you're in the top 500 student in a subject you get a letter for an award so you would have probably already gotten that by now if you were going to be. I doubt the really do rankings like that for the whole junior cert though because everyone does a different amount of subjects and different subjects so there's really no way to compare two junior certs unless they do the exact same subjects and levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Dyslexic people can't get A's in History, French and English

Well that's just wholly untrue.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Bluestrike wrote: »
    Irish - C (knew it wouldnt be good :P)
    English - A
    Maths - B
    History - B (very disappointed considering i got over 90's every other exam including mocks)
    Geography - A
    French - A
    Business - B (also disappointed as usually good at business plus did an extra long question in both papers)
    Music - B
    Science - B (disappointed, usually A)
    CSPE - B (come on :P)
    Religion - B (thought i did well...)

2 A's, 8 B's and a C

Overall, pretty disappointed. I know a lot would be happy with that but I was aiming more for 6 A's. Some of my friends who I'm usually better than got around the same or better. I'm consistently top of my class and now I feel that I'm not really an that a lot more did better. My history teacher suggested i might get History checked, not that it matters, but that I usually get A's and he said i deserve it. He said last year he had 10 A's in his class but this year there were only 3 and that a lot of B's should have been A's. Oh well, its not like it matters, other than to us personally and its not gonna effect me later in life. I guess i probably could have done more study too...

Ah well, putting it out of my head. Lunch in an hour or so with my family and then going out, tonight should be fun anyway, pick my spirits up ;)

That's 3 A's and 7 B's in your list though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

I'm not looking for a numbered list per se. I'd just like to know how many students got 11, 10 and 9 A's just to see how I compared.

Regarding top scores, I have no idea how they work. I know that they do a Science Olympiad, but I presume that nobody has been contacted yet since I've heard nothing all over the country.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm not looking for a numbered list per se. I'd just like to know how many students got 11, 10 and 9 A's just to see how I compared.

The SEC should be able to supply that info if you drop them an email.
    Many of their staff have their annual holiday now, following the frenzy that is getting the LC and JC results out, so you might be waiting for a reply. That said, you might not be - worth trying anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

for those disappointing with their result really the Jc is totaly unrelated to the lc i only got 2 As and 5 Bs with 1 C in my jc which was the kick i needed to start working for my LC came out with 610 in the end while my friend who got 8 As is now repeating after getting 510

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

ahmdoda wrote: »
    for those disappointing with their result really the Jc is totaly unrelated to the lc i only got 2 As and 5 Bs with 1 C in my jc which was the kick i needed to start working for my LC came out with 610 in the end while my friend who got 8 As is now repeating after getting 510

Too bad the teachers in my school don't realize that. They're splitting us up in Irish, Maths, French and in Biology (not chemistry though) according to our grades which really bothers me because I'm forced to do 2 science subjects and I got a C in the JC and I also got a C in French and also now my Chemistry teacher hates me because of my C in the subject. Why can't 5th year just be turning over a new leaf and just forgetting about the JC OR THEY COULD HAVE ATLEAST WARNED US FROM 2ND/3RD YEAR TO STUDY FOR THOSE SUBJECTS BECAUSE WE'RE GETTING SPLIT UP ACCORDING TO OUR JC GRADES... Uh.. Anyways off to study the heck out of my Chemistry notes because now I "have to get an A in every test we get" to make sure that I'm capable of doing it for Leaving Cert

My dyslexic friend got A's in English and History :/

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

That's 3 A's and 7 B's in your list though?

French i got a B but typed it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mem1234

Regarding top scores, I have no idea how they work. I know that they do a Science Olympiad, but I presume that nobody has been contacted yet since I've heard nothing all over the country.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/surge-in-number-of-junior-cert-students-taking-higher-maths-29569609.html

this says 13 got 12 A's, 100 11 and 275 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭orlaxxx

Got 7As n 4Bs absoulety delighted!! i was the only person outta of 70 people who did french in the year and got an A!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Advertisement