Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So once again brutal broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hello Eircom reps, any chance of a reply?

Headshot wrote: »
    Hi Headshot

No I am afraid situation is still as advised in earlier post and any information before this time is unlikely.
    I have asked to be updated as soon as there is any information which may be of interest to you.
    Tony
    Tony why is it taking so long? I can live with the waiting but what I cant live with is not knowing what is happening, is it actually going to be fixed or are eircom just messing me about and hoping I feck off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Why is the meteor rep replying to a question to the Eircom reps or are they one and the same person

My problem with Eircom Broadband is still happening, have tried what the reps said and still having the same problems, very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Headshot

No I am afraid situation is still as advised in earlier post and any information before this time is unlikely.
    I have asked to be updated as soon as there is any information which may be of interest to you.
    Tony
    Tony why is it taking so long? I can live with the waiting but what I cant live with is not knowing what is happening, is it actually going to be fixed or are eircom just messing me about and hoping I feck off

Hi Headshot

No I am afraid situation is still as advised in earlier post and any information before this time is unlikely. Earliest I am likely to have this is November.
    Tony

Tony talking to eircom engineers at the exchange today, they havent heard anything about fixing my problem, ie working on the exchange but they have told me that they could be 50 plus brand new houses connected to the exchange which will cause a huge headache to people already on the exchange. You have told me before the congestion on the exchange is a killer so how can you possibly add 50 or more people to the exchange and think the broadband will be okay?

Its ridiculous. Eircom are doing things backwards,instead of fixing the problem on the exchange ye are adding more people. How will this help? 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

I rang eircom broadband tech support last night and they got me to plug my modem into the main socket and they ran some tests and phoned me back an hour later, the very helpful guy said yes they could see I was having problems and that he would arrange for a replacement modem to be sent out, Definitely worth ringing their broadband tech support

Tony talking to eircom engineers at the exchange today, they havent heard anything about fixing my problem, ie working on the exchange but they have told me that they could be 50 plus brand new houses connected to the exchange which will cause a huge headache to people already on the exchange. You have told me before the congestion on the exchange is a killer so how can you possibly add 50 or more people to the exchange and think the broadband will be okay?

Its ridiculous. Eircom are doing things backwards,instead of fixing the problem on the exchange ye are adding more people. How will this help? 
    Hi Headshot
    I have asked for information on this. As you point out, this will not help your issue there.
    I will do my best to get some clarification on this today, but it could be Monday Tuesday before I have this. I will be back to you as soon as I do.
    Tony

I look forward to the reply. Thanks

I look forward to the reply. Thanks
    Hi Headshot
    I have not been able to confirm the work you mention above nor the work we discussed earlier yet...
    I will have a response to this Monday or Tuesday.. Sorry I cannot get it any faster...
    I had advised it might be November before I had this..... and am pushing for earliest date...
    Tony

Any news for me?

I had a horrible weekend with my broadband.

I wasnt home at the time but I was told that an Eircom higher up rang the landline at home on Friday and gave the message that my exchange will be upgraded in the next 3 months

I want an Eircom rep to confirm this.

• Advertisement

Any news for me?

I wasnt home at the time but I was told that an Eircom higher up rang the landline at home on Friday and gave the message that my exchange will be upgraded in the next 3 months

Hi Headshot
    I did request a call and clarification on on this but  I was not aware of the timeframe you mention. I will chase to get confirmation.
    Tony

Any news for me?

Hi Headshot
    I did request a call and clarification on on this but  I was not aware of the timeframe you mention. I will chase to get confirmation.
    Tony
    Well anything yet?

It really disappoints me that I have never heard anything back about my problem besides a supposed higher up ringing and saying my exchange will be upgraded. Its a real shame that I wasnt home to take the call

All I want to know is this true. I could put up with the awful internet if I knew somthing is happening 

I despise this thread, I hate all the trouble im having with my broadband. I feel like im on my own and any Eircom rep wont even reply to me. I need this broadband for work and just to live. I cant even do those now. I have to spend longer at work just so I can have stable broadband. Its just so unfair. Why isnt any Eircom rep telling me anything?

Its all well in good someone ringing and telling me my exchange will be upgraded but I wanted to personally talk to them and get that in writing because I really find it hard to believe what Eircom say. It feels like im a nuisance and anything is said to get rid of me. 

Iv had this trouble since August and nothing has been done, how can Eircom justify this? Tonight once again has been ****ing awful. Numerous restarts of modem to get the broadband going. Its just killing me at this stage. You VPN into a customers network and bang my Internet goes. SO ****ing irritating 

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Headshot if I were you I would forget about this thread and submit a formal complaint to Eircom. Allow them only the allotted time to respond and if you get no satisfaction just contact Comreg.

As you say you are having trouble since August. Bit of a joke really so its time to escalate the matter.

Best of luck.

Thanks Neo 

My weekend here has been awful. I cant go 30 mins without losing internet connectivity 

Its heart breaking. I really wonder why I have broadband with Eircom. 

Well any news?

Im not going away until I get this problem fixed 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Well any news?

Hi Headshot

Go your PM,  apologies we have not been ignoring your thread. We still have no new updates. Tony has sent a number of follow ups. As such we can give any updated time-frame I'm afraid. I appreciate how long this has been ongoing and the guidelines we were given and advised you of.

However we are still waiting for information regarding any progress from broadband networks.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭sacon

Hi eircom I'm having the same issue with my Internet, Iv had this before and it made it better but was never fully fixed but now it's back and getting worse, seems alot worse after 6. Can you please help as it's very annoying

Well any news?

Hi Headshot

Go your PM,  apologies we have not been ignoring your thread. We still have no new updates. Tony has sent a number of follow ups. As such we can give any updated time-frame I'm afraid. I appreciate how long this has been ongoing and the guidelines we were given and advised you of.

However we are still waiting for information regarding any progress from broadband networks.

Mark
    Thats just not good enough. I was told by Tony that early November we should get answers and now its December. ill have a whole Christmas now with this awful broadband. Why can't Eircom reps confirm that my exchange will be upgraded within 3 months like what that Higher up in Eircom that rang the house. Is is that hard to get bloody answers?

Its just so unfair that iv had this trouble since August and Eircom reps have done nothing for me to get to the bottom of this. I just want answers, is it that hard?

Also so tell me what Eircom reps know so far about my problem? I just want to know why I cant get answers?

• Advertisement

So I was talking to your customer support over the phone today. I was told it will take 3 months to fix the problem. But again im not told what is being done to fix the exchange. We knows its a congestion but no one from Eircom is telling me what is being done to fix the problem

If I was told, I would have great peace of mind because since August, iv had this trouble and its destroying my life in terms of work. I just want to know what is happening to fix the trouble, thats's all.

it also really pisses me off that my support ticket over my terrible broadband issues has been closed, why is this?

Look Eircom reps, I just want to know what is been done to fix the trouble and why was my support ticket closed without my consent?

So I was talking to your customer support over the phone today. I was told it will take 3 months to fix the problem. But again im not told what is being done to fix the exchange. We knows its a congestion but no one from Eircom is telling me what is being done to fix the problem

If I was told, I would have great peace of mind because since August, iv had this trouble and its destroying my life in terms of work. I just want to know what is happening to fix the trouble, thats's all.

it also really pisses me off that my support ticket over my terrible broadband issues has been closed, why is this?

Look Eircom reps, I just want to know what is been done to fix the trouble and why was my support ticket closed without my consent?
    Hi Headshot
    I can see that a new ticket has been opened on this issue, but with same result. The reason that this and previous support ticket were closed has to do with type of ticket opened and fault reported. As the issue as reported by you appears to be with exchange and supply from exchange, work to the exchange is, through the process of elimination the next step. In my post to you in November I had advised that work was to be carried out within approx three months. This work to be carried out around radio signal but I cannot say exactly what this work will be.
    I have asked for any update available and will let you know.
    I do understand that having pushed for action for so long, a further 3 months does seem a lot, but work of this sort has to be planned within an operational framework.

I cannot promise to have update today or tomorrow on this, but can confirm that I have and continue to ask for any update when available.

Sorry I cannot offer more at this time.
    Tony

Hi Headshot
    I can see that a new ticket has been opened on this issue, but with same result. The reason that this and previous support ticket were closed has to do with type of ticket opened and fault reported. As the issue as reported by you appears to be with exchange and supply from exchange, work to the exchange is, through the process of elimination the next step. In my post to you in November I had advised that work was to be carried out within approx three months. This work to be carried out around radio signal but I cannot say exactly what this work will be.
    I have asked for any update available and will let you know.
    I do understand that having pushed for action for so long, a further 3 months does seem a lot, but work of this sort has to be planned within an operational framework.

I cannot promise to have update today or tomorrow on this, but can confirm that I have and continue to ask for any update when available.

Sorry I cannot offer more at this time.
    Tony

Hello Tony

Tony I dont mind waiting 3 months, yes its really painful that I come home after 6pm and hit with trouble. I cant even go 30 mins these days without losing internet connectivity. All I want to know what is happening in 3 months, that's all. Are they upgrading the backhaul etc etc. Just some peace of mind will do me 

My broadband is crap these days but iv had the worse broadband experience over Christmas. I cant go over hour without my broadband going and then it takes around 20mins to come back and 5mins later it would go

I just want to know what is happening to fix the problem is it that hard? Its just heart braking that I cant use a service that I pay good money for 

My broadband is crap these days but iv had the worse broadband experience over Christmas. I cant go over hour without my broadband going and then it takes around 20mins to come back and 5mins later it would go

I just want to know what is happening to fix the problem is it that hard? Its just heart braking that I cant use a service that I pay good money for 
    Hi Headshot
    We do not have this info as yet. We are unlikely to have this until closer to work date.. I understand that you would wish more info around this, but as I have posted before we do not have this..
    I have promised to post here with any info I do get, and I will do so.
    Tony

What do you mean by " until closer to work date"?  Talking to a engineer at the exchange he think its Februrary but unsure

So I have to put up with another month of this ****e internet and still dont know is the exchange being upgraded with larger backhaul resulting in faster broadband?

I know Fibre broadband is coming to Cashel, 15mins from Golden, Tipperary town, 15mins from Golden and Dundrum, 10 mins from Golden and not one word of golden being done? Why is that? Why leave out Golden? What makes it worse is Newinn is getting fibre broadband and that has a lower population than Golden, how is that justified?

So any news or am i wasting my time again?

Its gone to this stange that I have to stay longer at work because my broadband is so unreliable. So I cant go home and relax or eat a good dinner but instead I have to stay a work longer.

Imagine your internet goes for 1h and comes back and it goes again after 5 mins for another hr

Its just unfair that I havent been told whats been done to fix the problem or when it will be fixed

Iv had this problem since August, how can Eircom justify having a customer that has been with Eircom from the very start be treated like this?

Imagine I get a text from Eircom stating "dear customer your broadband fault should be resolved, you may need to restart your modem to restore service”

Monday I got this text and its the first time I have had no problem with my broadband. I was delighted but I knew you never count your chickens with Eircom and guess what the problem is back tonight

So Eircom don’t be bloody text me spam because its not bloody fixed

Iv sent a letter to your HQ to make an official complaint and I still haven’t heard back and will be getting comreg involved after the 10 days. Iv made the complaint on the 6th of this month.

Why is it so hard just to get a call from someone telling me that my problem will be fixed. Is it that hard just to talk to a human over the phone telling me when my problem will be fixed and how it will be fixed.

Your company is truly a horrible company to deal with. One of the worse I have ever been in contract with. How you can threat long term customers like this is shameful.

Of course I won’t get a reply from any rep in here or ill get the old "We do not have this info as yet” or "I have promised to post here with any info I do get, and I will do so” rubbish

Mark and Tony you not ashamed of how a customer that has been with Eircom since the start has been treated. Iv had a few tears tonight because iv important work to do and my internet is unusable 

So much for 3 months eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

I blame comreg

Advertisement