Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So once again brutal broadband

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Headshot wrote: »
    Mark and Tony you not ashamed of how a customer that has been with Eircom since the start has been treated. Iv had a few tears tonight because iv important work to do and my internet is unusable 

So much for 3 months eh.
    Hi Headshot
    I can understand your frustration of course and as posted in previous post, work is scheduled for this exchange and cable replacement is due there, we do not as yet have specific date. In my last post of Dec 12 we had discussed possibility of three months timeframe. I have chased this issue again and will try to get some forecast date.
    Our apologies again that we were not able to offer more advance information but I can advise job still scheduled there.
    Tony

Headshot, just to add to last post.
    I have been advised by services that the radio mast there will be upgraded this week. We will then test signals and continue work to improve bandwidth at the Golden exchange.

There have been delays due to weather, this has delayed any work to radio mast and best forecast for completed work is 6 to 8 weeks. So we are looking at end of March or early April.
    Again our apologies that this is slightly later date than previously advised but our tech teams have been engaged in repairs to weather damage.

Tony 

• Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Last night after the radio mast was upgrade (during the day) was the first time iv had reliable internet. Yes the stats are gone to crap now and the speeds in the night are less than 1mb but at least it doesnt cut out on me 

Before stats 
    W7J4s4o.png

And the current stats

Line Attenuation(Down/Up) 16.5 dB/ 22.5 dB

DSL Noise Margin:26.0 dB/ 12.0 dB

Bit of a difference there aint it 

Im hoping after the bandwidth has been sorted, ill beable to enjoy having Eircom broadband 

Last night after the radio mast was upgrade (during the day) was the first time iv had reliable internet. Yes the stats are gone to crap now and the speeds in the night are less than 1mb but at least it doesnt cut out on me 

Before stats 
    W7J4s4o.png

And the current stats

Line Attenuation(Down/Up) 16.5 dB/ 22.5 dB

DSL Noise Margin:26.0 dB/ 12.0 dB

Bit of a difference there aint it 

Im hoping after the bandwidth has been sorted, ill beable to enjoy having Eircom broadband 
    Hi Headshot
    Yes the radio mast is the first step to improving bandwidth there. I have spoken with local tech manager and final works will be completed within 4 to 6 weeks. Though you may start seeing some improvements before that time.
    Tony

Tony just to say im still having the same trouble, not as bad as it was but a new problem is that its losing the dsl connection now 

So 2 problems, red light in the internet connection and losing DSL connection 

• Advertisement

Hello Tony 

I hope I can get a reply to you about this. Are you surprised that having this new mast has improved my down time on my broadband? The first 2 days of having the new mast up improved my up time of my broadband considerably but its gone again now 

Hello Tony 

I hope I can get a reply to you about this. Are you surprised that having this new mast has improved my down time on my broadband? The first 2 days of having the new mast up improved my up time of my broadband considerably but its gone again now 
    Hi Headshot
    I have spoken with local technicians there and though radio mast should help work will continue there for a few more weeks. You should then see a stable and faster connection.
    Tony

Hello Tony 

Hi Headshot
    I have spoken with local technicians there and though radio mast should help work will continue there for a few more weeks. You should then see a stable and faster connection.
    Tony
    Thank you Tony for the reply.

Hello Tony 

Hi Headshot
    Tony
    Thank you Tony for the reply.
    Hi Headshot, no problem and apologies this work has taken time, but it should be finalised soon.
    Tony

Hello Tony do you have any more updates for me please or is it the waiting game now?

I still have the internet dropping on me each night, Sunday was dreadful for me. It would be nice to know when the exchange it self will be upgraded and what speeds will I be capable of then?

• Advertisement

Tony any news for me please?

Last night once again my broadband was rubbish and couldnt do any work!

I found it quite funny that when I rang Eircom technical support and the operator told me that Golden will be getting Fibre 

Such load of nonsense 

It feels like im being ignored at this stage, hoping i fade away or somthing. I just want to know what is happning to solve my broadband issue? Imagine since August of last year Iv had this awful trouble. Cant work from home or relax after coming home from work to watch some videos or online game

I basically cant do anything. I signed a contract renewable before all this trouble, worse mistake I have ever done

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

Omg I cant believe that is still going on for you after all this time, Not on at all

NorthDub wrote: »
    Omg I cant believe that is still going on for you after all this time, Not on at all
    Notice the Eircom reps wont even reply to me now. Basically my problem is being sweep under the carpet

Hi there,

I would recommend calling our Tech support team 1890 260 260 and they can check this out for you.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi there,

I would recommend calling our Tech support team 1890 260 260 and they can check this out for you.

Thanks,

Tony
    Check what out? 

How dire my  broadband is and that no one capable of giving me an official date of upgrading the exchange or will it even be upgraded. 
    Is it so hard to get some answers? Piece of mind is all I want 

Hi there,

Can you advise if you have contacted our Tech team on 1890 260 260 in order for them to check this out and trouble shoot with you?

Thanks,

Tony

Hi there,

Can you advise if you have contacted our Tech team on 1890 260 260 in order for them to check this out and trouble shoot with you?

Thanks,

Tony
    Im convinced your not the Tony that iv been detailing with in previous pages because Tony knows full well what the issue is and no bloody ringing of 1890 260 260 will help. If you using Tony's account at least read up on the thread before you reply 

Hi there,

I would advise to contact our Tech support team on 1890 260 260 in order to have this looked into.

Tony

• Advertisement

So just an update on this.

So I have had Broadband issues since last year and im no where near to seeing this issue being fixed. Iv been on to Eircom support for the last 2 weeks and talking to one person who was really good in helping me and giving me ring backs about updates but unfortunately that went no where. 

If my broadband was disconnected, I wouldnt even notice because my broadband is down so much.

Im kinda in tears here at the moment that this  problem that iv had since August has no where been closed to been fixed. 

Why is it so damn hard to get  date when the exchange will be upgraded, why is it?

Why does your support line find it so hard to get in contact with your wholesaler and just ask for a date?

Im also contacting Comreg regarding this 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

So just an update on this.

So I have had Broadband issues since last year and im no where near to seeing this issue being fixed. Iv been on to Eircom support for the last 2 weeks and talking to one person who was really good in helping me and giving me ring backs about updates but unfortunately that went no where. 

If my broadband was disconnected, I wouldnt even notice because my broadband is down so much.

Im kinda in tears here at the moment that this  problem that iv had since August has no where been closed to been fixed. 

Why is it so damn hard to get  date when the exchange will be upgraded, why is it?

Why does your support line find it so hard to get in contact with your wholesaler and just ask for a date?

Im also contacting Comreg regarding this 

Yeah I think another Tony has taken over Tony's account haha.

Seriosuly though, this thread alone is all the proof you need for Comreg, get onto them as soon as you can and end this madness.

Then, for now go with a wireless broadband provider, may not be amazing speeds but at least they will be somewhat stable to say the least.

At least stay with them until your certain the exchange is yet again working like it should, I've had the same problems countless of times, it seems to be a major problem in different counties.

Really hope you get this sorted, I feel sorry for you reading back through these threads.

Thanks for the kind words Sweet.

Who ever was using Tony's account was very helpful compared to this new Tony who doesnt have a clue.

Notice Eircom have even stopped replying to me now

So I finally have learned that from talking to Eircom support, my exchange isnt due to be upgraded.

So many bloody lies from Eircom about my exchange, I firmly believe my exchange wont be upgraded.

Its a shameful service from Eircom. To treat a customer they have had since the company started like this is really shameful. 

So imagine it will be a year in August and still no fix to my issue. My whole area is effect by this according to Eircom Engineers. I was 2 weeks ago by an Eircom Agent talking to a Eircom Engineer that my exchange will be upgraded at the end of this month. Its the 28th now and no sign of activity at my exchange. 

Rang Eircom support and was told my exchange will be upgraded in September. So yet again another deadline is gone for upgrading my exchange.  How can I have fate that my exchange will be upgraded in September?

Imagine a year of awful awful broadband, that at times is worse than dial up. Its heart wrenching that the minute I come home I have no broadband but yet im still paying for this ****e service. Its disgraceful.

I doubt Ill get any comment from Eircom rep regarding this.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

So imagine it will be a year in August and still no fix to my issue. My whole area is effect by this according to Eircom Engineers. I was 2 weeks ago by an Eircom Agent talking to a Eircom Engineer that my exchange will be upgraded at the end of this month. Its the 28th now and no sign of activity at my exchange. 

Rang Eircom support and was told my exchange will be upgraded in September. So yet again another deadline is gone for upgrading my exchange.  How can I have fate that my exchange will be upgraded in September?

Imagine a year of awful awful broadband, that at times is worse than dial up. Its heart wrenching that the minute I come home I have no broadband but yet im still paying for this ****e service. Its disgraceful.

I doubt Ill get any comment from Eircom rep regarding this.
    was wondering had you had your problems fixed, sorry to hear no joy nearly a year later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Imagine a year of awful awful broadband
    Some of us don't need to imagine :)

You could always try change to another dsl provider, might (or might not) improve your connection but you won't be paying Eircom for it 

So just an update.

After a year of awful broadband, they have finally fixed the exchange.  Im absolutely delighted I finally have stable broadband but its disgraceful that iv had to wait a year to fix the problem. I also add that everyone connected to the exchange had the exact same issue as me.

My next plan is to get them to upgrade the rating on their system so I can get faster broadband.

Speed:
    3072 kbps/384 kbps

Line Attenuation(Down/Up)7.0 dB/ 5.0 dB

DSL Noise Margin:[43.0 dB/ 13.0 dB

Great stats but because of the exchange im only able to get 3mb broadband. Im hoping since the upgrade I can get higher broadband package. I should know Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

Wow, great to see some improvement finally. Hope you get a speed bump as well now!

• Advertisement

So I cant quite believe it.

I have finally got my exchanged fixed and my broadband package upgraded to 20mb

So so happy 

Advertisement