Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So once again brutal broadband

Options
  • 08-09-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭

So for the last week and especially this weekend, my broadband is awful. A red light comes and goes on the internet connection on the modem. Been onto the eircom support and they are looking into it but I want to let the eircom reps know here how bad its been.

Its so frustrating that the broadband in general is awful and now I have no reliable internet at all. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Headshot wrote: »
    So for the last week and especially this weekend, my broadband is awful. A red light comes and goes on the internet connection on the modem. Been onto the eircom support and they are looking into it but I want to let the eircom reps know here how bad its been.

Its so frustrating that the broadband in general is awful and now I have no reliable internet at all. 
    Hi Headshot
    Thanks. Let us know if you are not advised by support on this issue.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tony this broadband situation im in is disgraceful, im on my last straw. Every night I get the same trouble. I get a red light on the internet on the modem/router

I have to keep restarting my modem to get it back and some times it work other times no luck. It also comes back on its own. Your terrible customer support solution to this is send out a new modem which is a load of nonsense since its a new eircom modem im using and iv used other 3rd party routers and I have the exact same trouble 

I have the same trouble each night when the broadband is terrible in general, congestion = high pings and crap speed.

The problem is not at my house Tony, not a chance. The engineer put in a new filter etc and still I have the same trouble. I dont have this trouble during the day at all, only at night

I will be taking my complaints to comreg if eircom dont fix this trouble. 

Just an update I have rang Eircom support today and they are re escalating the problem 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Just an update I have rang Eircom support today and they are re escalating the problem 
    Thanks Headshot

Hopefully the escalation will lead to a resolution.

Al

Alan I have never experienced such poor customer care from any company I have ever dealt with. Eircom technical support have no idea what they are doing. I still have the same trouble. I rang your customer support this morning and some so called technical support agent downgraded my line to 2mb without my permission, what an unbelievable joke. I had to once again ring eircom when I came home from work to get me back to 3mb broadband. Eircom are such a joke, iv had 2 eircom engineers in my house and they have told me everything is perfect inside. Iv had one engineer change the connection in the exchange and I still have the same trouble. Please Eircom fix this trouble.

Iv starting keeping a journal of times, day and date when my broadband goes 

For example last night 

Wednesday
    red light on internet 
    Goes off at 10.35 pm
    comes back 10.37pm
    No restart needed

Goes off at 10.46
    Comes back 10.47
    no restart needed

Now this is just the tip of the iceberg the trouble im having, do you think this is acceptable Alan? I recently signed into a new contract with Eircom before these troubles started and I get this service from a supposedly reputable company. The trouble is the exchange, it has to be. 

• Advertisement

Alan I have never experienced such poor customer care from any company I have ever dealt with. Eircom technical support have no idea what they are doing. I still have the same trouble. I rang your customer support this morning and some so called technical support agent downgraded my line to 2mb without my permission, what an unbelievable joke. I had to once again ring eircom when I came home from work to get me back to 3mb broadband. Eircom are such a joke, iv had 2 eircom engineers in my house and they have told me everything is perfect inside. Iv had one engineer change the connection in the exchange and I still have the same trouble. Please Eircom fix this trouble.

Iv starting keeping a journal of times, day and date when my broadband goes

For example last night

Wednesday
    red light on internet
    Goes off at 10.35 pm
    comes back 10.37pm
    No restart needed

Goes off at 10.46
    Comes back 10.47
    no restart needed

Now this is just the tip of the iceberg the trouble im having, do you think this is acceptable Alan? I recently signed into a new contract with Eircom before these troubles started and I get this service from a supposedly reputable company. The trouble is the exchange, it has to be.

Hi Headshot

Over the past year we have replied to numerous post from yourself.

You have received a letter from eircom stating the speed capacity.

The following has been advised before:

"The situation will of course change as eircom upgrades its network backhaul capacity which is being done on a phased basis driven by capacity demand".

All efforts have been taken by those involved in your case. We cannot add further to these communications.

It has been advised to you on numerous occasions that we are unable to provide a resolution to this issue and I am not going to re-word our response on further multiple occasions.

I'm sorry It is very bad lately but you will need to keep in contact with technical support about this.

There is nothing we can do to improve things from here. The best advice we can offer is to contact eircom technical suppiort (1890260260).

Thanks

Al

Such nonsense, im not talking about that.

Yes I care about upgrading the pathetic backhaul on the exchange but my problem isnt that afaik. Can you tell me why I get a red light on my eircom modem each night, why some times I go without broadband for some time? Why cant eircom fix the problem?

Why did a such an idiot of a eircom technical support put my broadband back to 2mb without my permission?

I want to know why isnt my broadband getting fixed

Such nonsense, im not talking about that.

Yes I care about upgrading the pathetic backhaul on the exchange but my problem isnt that afaik. Can you tell me why I get a red light on my eircom modem each night, why some times I go without broadband for some time? Why cant eircom fix the problem?

Why did a such an idiot of a eircom technical support put my broadband back to 2mb without my permission?

I want to know why isnt my broadband getting fixed

Hi Headshot

I'm unable to offer you the level of broadband technical support you are requesting.

Please contact eircom broadband technical support for further asistance.

Al

I intend to type a letter about my problems. Can you give me address to write it to please. 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 The Savage Cabbage

Tony this broadband situation im in is disgraceful, im on my last straw. Every night I get the same trouble. I get a red light on the internet on the modem/router

I have to keep restarting my modem to get it back and some times it work other times no luck. It also comes back on its own. Your terrible customer support solution to this is send out a new modem which is a load of nonsense since its a new eircom modem im using and iv used other 3rd party routers and I have the exact same trouble 

I have the same trouble each night when the broadband is terrible in general, congestion = high pings and crap speed.

The problem is not at my house Tony, not a chance. The engineer put in a new filter etc and still I have the same trouble. I dont have this trouble during the day at all, only at night

I will be taking my complaints to comreg if eircom dont fix this trouble. 
    I've been having the same issue the last 3 nights in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I purposely searched for a problem similar to my own and came across this.

I had eFibre installed a week ago and ever since then, my connection drops every few minutes but MOSTLY when I'm looking at pictures. For example, if I'm looking at Google Images or even Facebook images. Any sort of display of photographs causes my connection to drop. It also drops when I'm playing games.

I NEVER had this issue before eFibre.

I contacted Eircom two days ago and the technician changed the channel. He said I shouldn't have any more issues but I still do.
    Honestly, I would prefer to return to my old Internet package-at least then I had stable connections.

I'm beyond frustrated.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I purposely searched for a problem similar to my own and came across this.

I had eFibre installed a week ago and ever since then, my connection drops every few minutes but MOSTLY when I'm looking at pictures. For example, if I'm looking at Google Images or even Facebook images. Any sort of display of photographs causes my connection to drop. It also drops when I'm playing games.

I NEVER had this issue before eFibre.

I contacted Eircom two days ago and the technician changed the channel. He said I shouldn't have any more issues but I still do.
    Honestly, I would prefer to return to my old Internet package-at least then I had stable connections.

I'm beyond frustrated.
    Hi fussyonion

Yes, I can understand this would be very frustrating. This really should not be happening however we are unable to offer efibre support from here. It really is best to tell the technical support team that their previous attemps failed.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Traction

I'm in the same boat.

For the past 2 months I will get intermittent connection.

Sometimes I'd get a full 4 hours, sometimes I'll get half an hour.
    Then the interent goes down for a minute and evemtually comes back.
    Download speeds also very up and down.

It got very bad for a few weeks so I rang and they tried dropping my speed.
    no joy, just as bad.
    Even replaced the router and no joy.

Opened another problem ticket and issue was being monitorred and then got a text to say it was resolved.
    Internet was good for about a week and now its started to drop again.

Looking at the forum on the eircom site its full of people with similar complaints.

My only hope was that efibre was due in my area by end of September.... not thats been moved to 2014 :(

Traction wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat.

no joy, just as bad.

Opened another problem ticket and issue was being monitorred and then got a text to say it was resolved.

Looking at the forum on the eircom site its full of people with similar complaints.

My only hope was that efibre was due in my area by end of September.... not thats been moved to 2014 :(
    You should keep a schedule of what times and how long its gone for

this is mine for the last week 

Saturday 14/9/13
    22:00pm- midnight internet red light on modem
    constantly restart but restarts dont work, leave for the night and come back in the morning and its green again.

Sunday 15/9/13
    11:15am-11-20am internet red light on modem
    Restart modem makes it green again
    13:24am-13:26 am internet red light on modem
    Restart modem makes it green again

Monday 16/9/13
    22:05 internet red light on modem
    Restart doesnt work
    22:09 comes back by itself

Tuesday 17/9/13
    Wasnt home to use internet

Wednesday 18/9/13
    22:35 internet red light on modem
    22:37 comes back by itself
    22:46 internet red light on modem
    22:47 comes back by itself

Thursday 19/9/13
    22:49 internet red light on modem
    22:50 restart modem to make it green again

Friday 20/9/13
    22:25 internet red light on modem
    22:27 comes back by itself
    22:42 internet redlight on modem
    22:43 comes back on its own

saturday 21/9/13
    16:43 internet red light on modem
    16:44 comes back on its own
    17:59 internet red light on modem
    restart modem
    18:02 comes back
    22:00 internet red light on modem
    23:30: finally comes back.
    Constantly restarting modem only keeps the internet green for 3-5 mins and goes red again

Sunday 22/9/13
    11:45 internet red light on modem
    11:46 comes back
    12:19 internet red light on modem
    12:22 restart modem to get it green
    15:09 internet red light on modem
    15:10 comes back  

I havent even included tonight ones yet :rolleyes:

I also learned from talking the the neighbors that im not the only one having trouble

I did that for a while.
    I wish the router would store logs for a longer time.
    That way all the info would be there.

I think eircom can check on their side how often your connection goes down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I'm in the same boat.

no joy, just as bad.

Hi Traction
    would you mind PMing me the new case ref number and I will see if I can get  any information for you on this?
    Tony

I'm in the same boat.

no joy, just as bad.

Hi Traction
    would you mind PMing me the new case ref number and I will see if I can get  any information for you on this?
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

Credit where its due, I haven't had any issues the past 2 days.
    Don't want to jinx it but hopefully it stays this way.

If it goes again I will pass on the details.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I'm in the same boat.

no joy, just as bad.

Hi Traction
    Tony
    Hi Tony,

Credit where its due, I haven't had any issues the past 2 days.
    Don't want to jinx it but hopefully it stays this way.

If it goes again I will pass on the details.

Thanks
    Hi Traction

Glad to hear it, thanks for updating the thread.

Mark

Look Eircom reps, iv had this problem with Eircom for nearly since August, ye closed tickets since then (without asking me was the problem fixed) and the lastest ticket is open since the 16 of september. Guess what my problem isnt fixed only slight improved but in improving the down time of my broadband results in awful slow broadband each night (slower than normal). I still get a red light on the modem, look at my stats last night, was around 22.52 when my broadband went.

I rang technical support but some of your agents are so poor, they cant tell me anything about my broadband. I know for a fact that engineers were out this week to fix the problem but guess what I still have the trouble. Talking to the engineers there and they keep saying to me the exchange badly needs to be upgraded.

I just want to know what eircom are doing about my fault, that's all I want to know. Someone to ring me and give me assurances about the problem, what exactly the problem is and when it will be fixed. Is that so hard please 

Look Eircom reps, iv had this problem with Eircom for nearly since August, ye closed tickets since then (without asking me was the problem fixed) and the lastest ticket is open since the 16 of september. Guess what my problem isnt fixed only slight improved but in improving the down time of my broadband results in awful slow broadband each night (slower than normal). I still get a red light on the modem, look at my stats last night, was around 22.52 when my broadband went.

I rang technical support but some of your agents are so poor, they cant tell me anything about my broadband. I know for a fact that engineers were out this week to fix the problem but guess what I still have the trouble. Talking to the engineers there and they keep saying to me the exchange badly needs to be upgraded.

I just want to know what eircom are doing about my fault, that's all I want to know. Someone to ring me and give me assurances about the problem, what exactly the problem is and when it will be fixed. Is that so hard please 
    Hi Headshot.

I have been speaking to managers in broadband technical support and they confirmed they have had the last case open for you issue since the 19/09/13 I appreciate the issue has been ongoing beforehand.

I see they had tried sending out two replacement modems recently and they have arranged another call out this morning REF: 11906462

We will check the case again on Monday and get back to you.

Mark

• Advertisement

Mark as iv said on the phone to tech agents that I wont let any eircom engineers into my house again, Iv nothing against Eircom engineers, Iv found them genuinely nice people but iv already had 2 engineers in my house both said the wiring is perfect. There's no point having an eircom engineer out to my house when I  know and was told (by eircom themselves) that the problem is at the exchange. Why should I come leave work early to let an Eircom Engineer into the house to know what the answer will be "everything is perfect inside"

Just get them to fix the exchange please 

Mark as iv said on the phone to tech agents that I wont let any eircom engineers into my house again, Iv nothing against Eircom engineers, Iv found them genuinely nice people but iv already had 2 engineers in my house both said the wiring is perfect. There's no point having an eircom engineer out to my house when I  know and was told (by eircom themselves) that the problem is at the exchange. Why should I come leave work early to let an Eircom Engineer into the house to know what the answer will be "everything is perfect inside"

Hi Headshot

The engineers have checked the exchange more times than calling out to your address and could not find an issue. Technical support monitored your port and connection for a period of time as well as immediate neighbours with eircom broadband service to see if there is any pattern / fluctuation. Nothing was found.

That is not to say we are disputing you are having an issue. I have sent on this thread to managers in support and will follow up with you next week.

Mark   

Hi Headshot

The engineers have checked the exchange more times than calling out to your address and could not find an issue. Technical support monitored your port and connection for a period of time as well as immediate neighbours with eircom broadband service to see if there is any pattern / fluctuation. Nothing was found.

That is not to say we are disputing you are having an issue. I have sent on this thread to managers in support and will follow up with you next week.

Mark   
    How come the other day when there were loads of eircom vans at the exchange resulting in fixing at least part of the down time on my broadband, what ever they did, help me some what.

please do follow up with the managers please  

So for the last 30mins iv had no broadband. Red light on modem strikes again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

So for the last 30mins iv had no broadband. Red light on modem strikes again

Hi Headshot,

Are you still having this issue? Have you reported it to the support team?

Thanks

Tracey

yes im still having trouble of course

went off line last night too 

its soul destroying 

Eircom reps is there actually somthing been done about my problem?

I also learned today that eircom will have 50 more houses added to the exchange soon, how the hell can that small very old exchange handle all that when it cant barely handle whats already there. I talk to neighbors and people living in Golden it self about broadband and its absolutely awful, after 8pm you might as well forget about watching a video, working using VPN and downloading 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭flutered

keep using their speed test, a record of which will be recorded to your account at eircom, i had the same problem with digiweb since last april, they have agreed to release me from my contract, because of the records posted by their speed test results, btw, wireless broadband is the way to go, check it out.

Look my broadband just went there again 

Can someone from higher up in Eircom just ring me and give me assurances of what they are doing to fix the problem 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Look my broadband just went there again 

Can someone from higher up in Eircom just ring me and give me assurances of what they are doing to fix the problem 
    Hi headshot,

I'm afraid you will need to report this issue to our support channel on 1890 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) They'll troubleshoot the issue and hopefully resolve it. Unfortunately we can't log this from here in our channel.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement