Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So once again brutal broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Look my broadband just went there again 

Can someone from higher up in Eircom just ring me and give me assurances of what they are doing to fix the problem 
    Hi headshot,

I'm afraid you will need to report this issue to our support channel on 1890 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) They'll troubleshoot the issue and hopefully resolve it. Unfortunately we can't log this from here in our channel.

Thanks

Tracey
    Im sick and tired of reporting the same problem over and over again, its obvious that ye arent doing anything about it 

I want my broadband back

imagine gone again 3 times tonight

I was vpn in to work and the internet went down again. All my work down the drain 

How can I not after nearly 2 months now get a bloody answer why this is happening 

3 engineers out to my house already and nothing has been done to correct the problem. I was told today by the engineer that he will escalate the problem, lost count have times iv been told that now:rolleyes:

dont give me the crap about ringing technical support they know less than the reps here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I was vpn in to work and the internet went down again. All my work down the drain 

How can I not after nearly 2 months now get a bloody answer why this is happening 

3 engineers out to my house already and nothing has been done to correct the problem. I was told today by the engineer that he will escalate the problem, lost count have times iv been told that now:rolleyes:

dont give me the crap about ringing technical support they know less than the reps here
    Hi Headshot

The engineer was out at the exchange yesterday as per the escalation with support REF: 11906462

The case is still open and I am sorry we have no more news / updates at the moment.

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Look my broadband just went there again 

Can someone from higher up in Eircom just ring me and give me assurances of what they are doing to fix the problem 
    Hi Headshot,

I understand your frustration with this issue however there is no more we can do here from this channel. We have gone through every avenue with you to the best of our capabilities.

Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Headshot

The engineer was out at the exchange yesterday as per the escalation with support REF: 11906462

The case is still open and I am sorry we have no more news / updates at the moment.

Mark
    Will when I hear more news?

• Advertisement

Hi Headshot

Mark

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give a lead time on when this will be resolved, they are working on it on a daily basis to try resolve it.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Headshot

Mark

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give a lead time on when this will be resolved, they are working on it on a daily basis to try resolve it.

Thanks

Tracey
    What are they exactly doing? Every night I have these same problems. I could be with broadband for 30-45mins

You must have an idea what they are doing. Surely the engineers report will say somthing?

Hi Headshot

Mark

Thanks

Tracey
    What are they exactly doing? Every night I have these same problems. I could be with broadband for 30-45mins

You must have an idea what they are doing. Surely the engineers report will say somthing?

I'm afraid we are not a support channel here so have limited access to your case. The last update was 2/10 they had ran tests but no solid conclusion was met.

If you wish to follow up on this you can call the support team directly on 1890 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) They'll be able  to discuss the case in details with you.

Thanks

Tracey

What a joke your company is. I come home to see my broadband gone back to 2mb, since 2010 it has always been 3mb. I ring your support and give out and its gone back to 3mb but its not the point. Your engineers are a poor joke at this stage. They arent fixing my problem

what a ****ing awful joke eircom are. Im really angry at this debacle

Happened again tonight. Its really heart breaking 

Just feels like nothing is happening :(:(

Its sad to see your techs thinking lowering the speed solves everything, thats not my problem at all, nothing to do with it at all

• Advertisement

What a joke your company is. I come home to see my broadband gone back to 2mb, since 2010 it has always been 3mb. I ring your support and give out and its gone back to 3mb but its not the point.  Your engineers are a poor joke at this stage. They arent fixing my problem

Hi Headshot

Broadband technical support did want to try to adjust the profile to 2MB for a few days to compare the connection disconnects logged since the case was re-escalated monitoring the 3MB profile.

I appreciate it is ongoing and very frustrating for you, however we are just trying to rule out all we can to find a resolution.

Mark

What a joke your company is. I come home to see my broadband gone back to 2mb, since 2010 it has always been 3mb. I ring your support and give out and its gone back to 3mb but its not the point.  Your engineers are a poor joke at this stage. They arent fixing my problem

Hi Headshot

Broadband technical support did want to try to adjust the profile to 2MB for a few days to compare the connection disconnects logged since the case was re-escalated monitoring the 3MB profile.

I appreciate it is ongoing and very frustrating for you, however we are just trying to rule out all we can to find a resolution.

Mark
    That lowering to 2mb is a load of nonsense. Says alot about your technical support that they think lowering a line that has been perfect since 2010 ie no cut outs and great stats would help them.

Not a chance will I even entertain the idea of lowering my speed, its an exchange problem simple as that. Even talking to other Eircom engineers they they think its the mast ie the microwave causing the trouble 

It went again last night 

Hi Headshot

Mark
    That lowering to 2mb is a load of nonsense. Says alot about your technical support  that they think lowering a line that has been perfect since 2010 ie no cut outs and great stats would help them.

Not a chance will I even entertain the idea of lowering my speed, its an exchange problem simple as that. Even talking to other Eircom engineers they they think its the mast ie the microwave causing the trouble 

It went again last night 
    Hi Headshot

Again, I did not say that would be the resolution. It was step in the investigation to compare the speeds on the two profiles.

Mark

Hi Headshot

Mark
    That lowering to 2mb is a load of nonsense. Says alot about your technical support  that they think lowering a line that has been perfect since 2010 ie no cut outs and great stats would help them.

It went again last night 
    Hi Headshot

Again, I did not say that would be the resolution. It was step in the investigation to compare the speeds on the two profiles.

Mark
    its a stupid step then and wont be happening. I know full well what the problem is and even Eircom Engineers have told me on the quite that It's the exchange but ye wont do anything about it. Fair enough as far as I know no one in Golden has my trouble but im convinced its the congestion that causes my trouble and everyone in Golden who has Eircom broadband suffers awful speed during 6pm to midnight and its no coincidence that is when my broadband goes

Im a a few seconds from the exchange and even people who are closer to it than me cant even watch youtube in the night because the speed is so bad

Hi Headshot

Mark

It went again last night 
    Hi Headshot

Mark
    its a stupid step then and wont be happening. I know full well what the problem is and even Eircom Engineers have told me on the quite that It's the exchange but ye wont do anything about it. Fair enough as far as I know no one in Golden has my trouble but im convinced its the congestion that causes my trouble and everyone in Golden who has Eircom broadband suffers awful speed during 6pm to midnight and its no coincidence that is when my broadband goes

Im a a few seconds from the exchange and even people who are closer to it than me cant even watch youtube in the night because the speed is so bad
    Hi Headshot

Congestion may defiantly be a factor. I am not disputing what you have outlined to date.

I am sure you appreciate we are limited in the technical direct checks we can do.

So we are checking with the case and support for case updates.

Mark

Hi Headshot

Mark

It went again last night 
    Hi Headshot

Mark

Hi Headshot

Congestion may defiantly be a factor. I am not disputing what you have outlined to date.

I am sure you appreciate we are limited in the technical direct checks we can do.

So we are checking with the case and support for case updates.

Mark
    It would be nice to have some kind of update to what is happening alright 

Its really so frustrating 4 times my internet went last night, interrupting work. Its really making me angry that I feel nothing has been done and no one is telling me what is the fault and how it can be fixed. I rang Eircom technical support and truth be told they really dont have a clue tbh. I was told the reference number that Mark gave me 
    REF: 11906462 doesnt show up and my problem  that iv had since August hasnt been looked at for a few days now. The mind truly boggles. You think I love to post in this forum? I despise it so much. I hate being reminded of the trouble im having but if I dont do anything ill be stuck with this fault for ever. 

I got a new reference number and once again an Engineer is going to look at the fault. The circle never ends does it

I ring Eircom technical support, they send out an engineer, engineer looks at the internal wiring of house, everything perfect. He doesnt have a clue what to do. Drives away saying he with escalate the matter. Its a never ending circle and iv had enough of it.

The last engineer I had at my house was an absolute pig and I would never let him near my house again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Its really so frustrating 4 times my internet went last night, interrupting work. Its really making me angry that I feel nothing has been done and no one is telling me what is the fault and how it can be fixed. I rang Eircom technical support and truth be told they really dont have a clue tbh. I was told the reference number that Mark gave me 
    REF: 11906462 doesnt show up and my problem  that iv had since August hasnt been looked at for a few days now. The mind truly boggles. You think I love to post in this forum? I despise it so much. I hate being reminded of the trouble im having but if I dont do anything ill be stuck with this fault for ever. 

I got a new reference number and once again an Engineer is going to look at the fault. The circle never ends does it

I ring Eircom technical support, they send out an engineer, engineer looks at the internal wiring of house, everything perfect. He doesnt have a clue what to do. Drives away saying he with escalate the matter. Its a never ending circle and iv had enough of it.

The last engineer I had at my house was an absolute pig and I would never let him near my house again.
    Hi Headshot
    I can see how frustrating this is and apologies that we have not been able to resolve the issue.
    I do not understand why you were not update when you quoted ref number provided by Mark. I can assure you this is the correct Fault Reference number and contains full details of issue.

As Mark stated above we are aware that there is congestion there and it is not your connection, synch or line. Our technicians eliminated those options and have identified the issue, which is congestion to your exchange. We have escalated your case to operations for action and I have made sure this is seen at the highest level. I have asked to be updated on any proposal to this issue and will let you know as soon as I have this.

I am sorry that I cannot resolve this immediately but am pushing for action on this.

Tony

Hi Headshot
    I can see how frustrating this is and apologies that we have not been able to resolve the issue.
    I do not understand why you were not update when you quoted ref number provided by Mark. I can assure you this is the correct Fault Reference number and contains full details of issue.

As Mark stated above we are aware that there is congestion there and it is not your connection, synch or line. Our technicians eliminated those options and have identified the issue, which is congestion to your exchange. We have escalated your case to operations for action and I have made sure this is seen at the highest level. I have asked to be updated on any proposal to this issue and will let you know as soon as I have this.

I am sorry that I cannot resolve this immediately but am pushing for action on this.

Tony
    That is the best reply by an Eircom rep in here, thanks alot Tony 

Hi Headshot

Tony
    Mostly down to the work of the other guys on here Headshot to be honest, and we have a pretty full account of your issue to help push this.
    Hope to be back to you soon.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Headshot

Tony
    Mostly down to the work of the other guys on here Headshot to be honest, and we have a pretty full account of your issue to help push this.
    Tony
    Thanks very much Tony. I know its unlikely you'll have any kind of exact date when it wil be fixed but maybe this month or November? Again it would be nice to know will eircom change the microwave mast or upgrade the exchange but I suppose that kind of discussion is for Operations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Headshot, are you by any chance using the Eircom D1000 router? If so, it's a piece of sh1t. The firmware is appalling, port forwards dont work and it wont even bridge to another router. I had exactly the same issues you are having with my connection dropping. Tech support said cant possibly be the router, line test is showing a faulty filter in your eircom socket, we will get an engineer out to replace it. Three weeks later still no contact, no engineer, nothing. Went onto amazon and bought my own router (TP-Link W8970), not one problem since installing it, port forwards work great and no dropped connection.

Doesnt matter, iv used 3rd party routers and still the same trouble 

Hi Headshot

Tony
    Tony
    Thanks very much Tony. I know its unlikely you'll have any kind of exact date when it wil be fixed but maybe this month or November? Again it would be nice to know will eircom change the microwave mast or upgrade the exchange but I suppose that kind of discussion is for Operations?
    Yes, afraid we would not have access to that conversation until a decision was made. I do know that the local technician and area tech supervisor have made their recommendations that this is a priority. I have asked to be kept informed and will update as soon as I can.  I would hope to have some info by Nov at least...
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

I too have had problems with the broadband service lately, I live in balbriggan and yes last week there was a day when the service was down but before and after that I have noticed on my router the broadband go off and you would see the router re set itself (not sure if that is right tems but the wi fi, dsl and and broadband lights would go on and off and re set itself,

it is very annoying to be in the middle of something and the internet to go,

The internet has been a nightmare for me tonight, numerous cut outs

I know ill have to have patience thou. I feel im getting somewhere now but id love to know what is happening with the exchange for example is it going to be upgraded?

NorthDub wrote: »
    I too have had problems with the broadband service lately, I live in balbriggan and yes last week there was a day when the service was down but before and after that I have noticed on my router the broadband go off and you would see the router re set itself (not sure if that is right tems but the wi fi, dsl and and broadband lights would go on and off and re set itself,

it is very annoying to be in the middle of something and the internet to go,
    Hi NorthDub

If you would like to send me a PM with your name and telephone number and I can look into the line and broadband connection for you.

Thanks, Mark

I was hoping to give Eircom by November to reply to this thread  but its just dreadful at the moment. I cant really take it. 

Eircom reps is there any developments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

headshot im having a similiar problem,from 3-4pm onwards my speed drops to a level so bad i cant play online gaming or watch on demand tv,same thing ive had numerous engineers out all telling me my line is perfect but i have so many screen shots to prove otherwise using eircom's own speed test,absolutely soul destroying to be paying for a service that can only be used before tea time.
     im supposed to be on ngb but im most definitely not.

• Advertisement

Yes the broadband at night is awfully slow, cant watch videos but my problem goes further than that in terms of just losing internet connection all the time. It could go for a few seconds, minutes or 30 plus minutes 

Its so frustrating that I cant do work from home each evening 

Advertisement