Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Restaurant Suggestions?

Options
  • 08-09-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭

Celebrating our anniversary at the end of the month and looking for suggestions for somewhere to eat in Dublin city centre. Want to surprise her with somewhere special. Now I tend to stick to steaks/fish so no suggestions for Asian food etc. Budget doesn't really matter within reason so all suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sarabroderick

Chapter One
    Winding Stair
    Shanahans

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭millie35

Dax on Pembroke st uppr. The food is fantastic and the staff are helpful and knowledgeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Dada Restaurant. Food is delicious. Only had the 7 hour slow roasted lamb shoulder on Friday night and couldn't get enough of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Dada Restaurant. Food is delicious. Only had the 7 hour slow roasted lamb shoulder on Friday night and couldn't get enough of it.

Oh god, I went there a while. It was the worst meal I've had in a really long time. Awful.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Oh god, I went there a while. It was the worst meal I've had in a really long time. Awful.

Well you must have got it on an off night because it was one of the best I've been to and will certainly go back and I went after hearing nothing but good things about it ;).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

+1 for Shanahans. Not only is the food amazing (delicious steak), the dining experience is fantastic. Pre-drinks in the downstairs bar whilst admiring JFKs rocking chair, amazing dinner, and then retiring to the bar for a brandy.

Yum yum.

Well you must have got it on an off night because it was one of the best I've been to and will certainly go back and I went after hearing nothing but good things about it ;).

Maybe, but I eat out a lot and it was just truly horrendous - the staff were crap too.

Lux23 wrote: »
    Maybe, but I eat out a lot and it was just truly horrendous - the staff were crap too.

Suprised by that, genuinely food was delicious and staff were perfect. Couldn't find one reason to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Dubron

Sabor just off Camden Street or l;'Ecrivain on Baggot Street, you wont find much better in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Glasshouse on Dawson St is one of the newer restaurants with a good wow factor.
    Locks down by the canal recently got a star and is supposed to be good.
    Chapter One is usually flawless for service and food.
    The Trocedero may be somewhere with a bit more of a buzz - still very good food.
    One Pico is also excellent.
    lots of choices really is you've nothing specific in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

The Trocadero.
    Great food, great atmosphere, camp head waiter is great craic and it's close to all the good pubs. Happy Anniversary!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Dubron wrote: »
    Sabor just off Camden Street or l;'Ecrivain on Baggot Street, you wont find much better in Dublin.

+1 Sabor, wonderful place for a special occasion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

The Trocadero.
    Great food, great atmosphere, camp head waiter is great craic and it's close to all the good pubs. Happy Anniversary!

Overrated in my opinion...good atmosphere yes but very ordinary food and decidedly expensive.

chopper6 wrote: »
    Overrated in my opinion...good atmosphere yes but very ordinary food and decidedly expensive.

I was very disappointed with the food when I went there but the atmosphere made up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Stay away from Shanahans for a start. Its not very 'special occasion'

Look no further than one of :

Chapter One
    L'Ecrivain
    Dax
    One Pico
    Sabor (now i've not eaten here myself but its meant to be top notch and everyone raves about it)

/thread

Advertisement