Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 HDD Questions

Options
  • 08-09-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Was thinking about dusting off my old PS2 and throwing a HDD in it, its got a great library of games, better than any of this gen in my opinion anyway some questions

Anybody know the most compatible loader?

Whats the max size IDE hard drive you can use?

Is it possible to use a SATA hard drive?

Whats the most efficient way of transferring games to the hard drive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mr.noobie wrote: »
    Anybody know the most compatible loader?

I find hdloader in conjunction with the free mcboot softmod works very well
    Whats the max size IDE hard drive you can use?

I think it's 120GB, could be wrong though
    Is it possible to use a SATA hard drive?

Only via a usb adapter, in which case you're stuck using the usb 1.0 bus speed. That causes cut scenes etc to skip because it's too slow
    Whats the most efficient way of transferring games to the hard drive?

Hdloader has a dumping tool, though it will only dump original discs & not copied ones. You can also connect the hdd up to the pc & use a windows based too to transfer the images over

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

EnterNow wrote: »

I think it's 120GB, could be wrong though

Only via a usb adapter, in which case you're stuck using the usb 1.0 bus speed. That causes cut scenes etc to skip because it's too slow

I seen this on deal extreme, familiar with these by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mr.noobie wrote: »
    I seen this on deal extreme, familiar with these by any chance?

Ah, never knew about those. They're not official, but I presume work as they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Spotted this also and had a quick read up on it. Seems like a viable all-in-one HDD/Network adaptor/Modchip/loader jobbie.

http://dx.com/p/hd-pro-network-adapter-for-ps2-90xxx-116907

Advertisement