Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ploughing Championship Stock

Options
  • 08-09-2013 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi, I'm exhibiting at the ploughing champions this month and I'm really unsure about how much stock to bring. The last show I did my conversion rate was 5%, using this figure I'm looking at selling over 7,500 at the championship!! This is obviously impossible for me to do. Does anyone have any suggestions on how much stock I should bring? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

What are you selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

just out of interest is it a set price to exhibit or goes it depend on stall size

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

we are doing the NPA also, our first time, but we in the professional services, mainly accounts, tax and bookkeeping, compared to your stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Abouttime

I sell handbags. It's a set price per square metre but you can bargain the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 knitwits

I'm also going to the championship for the first time this year. I'm going to be in the retail area selling wool, fabric and patterns. Would love any advise from other traders. My main aim is to advertise my website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

knitwits wrote: »
    I'm also going to the championship for the first time this year. I'm going to be in the retail area selling wool, fabric and patterns. Would love any advise from other traders. My main aim is to advertise my website.

We recently did a much smaller scale show. We were the only ones there doing a demo and there were times when we had almost everyone there in our area which was a little awkward with all the eyes from the other stall holders on us! I would suggest take as much as you can (better to have to much than too little!) and if you possibly can do some kind of demonstration.

Advertisement