Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steamworld Dig

Options
  • 08-09-2013 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭

Where the hell did this come from? I was catching up on podcasts during a long drive today, and heard a recommendation for this game. It's a mix of Terraria, Spelunky, some Lode Runner, a bit of Dig Dug, some Metroid/Castlevania components (I refuse to merge those words) and it has loot. All with a nice 16-bit graphic style.

If you have a 3DS, you have to get this game. I just stopped after an hour because my battery ran out. It's €8.99 and about 6 hours long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

This game didn't get a lot of notice here on Boards but now with the announcement of a PS4 and VITA port it might get some.

PS EU Blog

I was tempted on a few occasions last year to buy this after hearing talk about it on several podcasts. But I don't like buying games digitally really and especially on Nintendo consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fantastic game. Deserves more love.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Would nearly buy it for the sound, it sounds great..clearly ripping off some Ennio Morricone :D (Ecstacy of Gold from The G,B,U)

This is confirmed to be out on the PSN Store on March 18th in the US. So I guess the 19th for Europe.

Source.

I'm downloading Steamworld Dig at the moment. It was only €7.19 with the PS Plus discount. I was tempted by Luftrausers but I usually get bored of that type of game pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Got it on the ps4,

Great little game, got some good fun out of it, took me 8 hours of gameplay to complete it.

Got it on the ps4,

Great little game, got some good fun out of it, took me 8 hours of gameplay to complete it.

I find it very strange that they didn't implement cross save between the PS4 and Vita version.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Finished it there on PS4 and really enjoyed it. I actually found myself compelled to go back and dig up the rest of the secrets and upgrades after finishing the final boss, which is rare for me. There's something very compulsive about the mechanics and exploration - simple but the drive to mine downwards is very strong. Also liked the length (around six hours including a few hours of dedicated resource mining) - just enough to give a solid sense of progression, without overloading the game with superfluous stuff. Simple, short and indeed pretty sweet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

I finished it last week, loved it. The feeling of progression is great, as already mentioned, and the further you dig the more you feel a sense of getting somewhere in terms of the story. It took 7 hours to beat, loved every bit of it.

Advertisement