Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please take a moment to show your appreciation for Gabriel Agbonlahor

• 09-09-2013 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

For clattering Louis Tomlinson from One Direction.

I particularly enjoy the shift from girlie shrieking as he went on the ball, to lads delighted when he got bashed.

Thank you, Gabby.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

i hate how "proudoflouis" or something like that was number 1 trend on twitter, should have been "proudofstylian"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

i hate how "proudoflouis" or something like that was number 1 trend on twitter, should have been "proudofstylian"

Proudofgabby, surely? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Your forgot the best bit :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Living the dream, haters gonna hate. 3 years ago he was working at Doncaster matches, now he plays for them and gets to play in charity matches with players he grew up watching, and all this without being a footballer

brb could get any girl he wants
    brb is loaded
    brb gets to see the world
    brb great hair

P.S I don't even like Louis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why do we hate One Direction so much? I don't follow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Worth noting that his being there brought in a decent amount of money to the charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

CSF wrote: »

Because they're insecure. Don't know what for.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We're now starting threads praising a player for injuring another player in a charity match? Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

1d.jpg

because that's why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The funny thing about is it was barely even a tackle, Gabby pokes the ball away and shoulders him. The reason he came out of it bad was because he's so bloody frail in stature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Corholio wrote: »
    The funny thing about is it was barely even a tackle, Gabby pokes the ball away and shoulders him. The reason he came out of it bad was because he's so bloody frail in stature.

If you took that tackle I bet you'd be crumpled on the floor pissing yourself.

All this hate for a boyband is kind of sad, its one thing to not like their music, that's normal, but why people feel to need to show how much they hate them I don't understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

If you took that tackle I bet you'd be crumpled on the floor pissing yourself.

All this hate for a boyband is kind of sad, its one thing to not like their music, that's normal, but why people feel to need to show how much they hate them I don't understand.

Probably wouldn't actually, but bet it made you feel good to say that eh?

Only bit of banter, the guy was able to walk off and got sick, don't be so precious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Gabriel Agbonlahor getting tons of death threats from 1D fans, its shcoking stuff.

To think the next generation coming up are brainwashed one direction and justin bieber fans, genuinely concerning that they can be so easily impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The Beatles had crazy fans too. Its not something new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

BMJD wrote: »
    1d.jpg

because that's why

Still don't get it. Can you explain further, preferably using words?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Living the dream, haters gonna hate. 3 years ago he was working at Doncaster matches, now he plays for them and gets to play in charity matches with players he grew up watching, and all this without being a footballer

brb is loaded
    brb great hair

Whats brb ? is that the lads nickname or something ? Fair play to him for playing. There was nothing really in the tackle though. He is just not built to play football against professionals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Corholio wrote: »

I would imagine he is in pretty good shape considering he is up on stage dancing for 2 hours pretty much every night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Still don't get it. Can you explain further, preferably using words?

It's nothing but pure jealousy. Those lads have it all and are living the dream, visiting parts of the world that some people have never even heard of.

So some people feel the need to take them down at every opportunity to make themselves feel that little bit better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

NUTZZ wrote: »
    It's nothing but pure jealousy. Those lads have it all and are living the dream, visiting parts of the world that some people have never even heard of.

So some people feel the need to take them down at every opportunity to make themselves feel that little bit better!

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Because they're insecure. Don't know what for.

This post needs way more thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

i don't think its that people are jealous, personally i just hate the way 1D are marketed as a brand. my cousins sleep must own hundreds of 1D stuff, and they're 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

One thing I respect about Tomlinson is he's still a Doncaster fan. It would be very easy to start going to Arsenal or Manchester United matches to rub shoulders with fellow multi millionaire A-list celebrities. That he chooses to continue supporting his unfashionable local club shows a lot of character and I respect him for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

NUTZZ wrote: »

Did someone hurt your feelings by laughing at them ? :(

Same as all the other X-Factor ****e, that's why people don't like them.

Mass-produced, generic pop crap aimed at making young kids hand over their parent's money.

There is nothing unique about them, they don't play instruments and as for singing...

And they're backed by Simon Cowell.

But I think the biggest reason why people hate them is not because of what they do, fair play to them for earning loads of money. It's their fanbase.

I for one found it funny that he couldn't handle a tackle like that.

It was maybe a bit rough, but not exactly cause for vomiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I was wondering who the **** he was when he came on yesterday and why there were screams everytime he touched the ball. Being insulated from modern pop rubbish is a wonderful thing.

That said, watching the clip it's easy to see why it had such an effect. He's a skinny little kid, not really built to be on that pitch. A strong gust of wind would knock him over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I love the way at first glance it looks like hes wearing the number 10 but nope, its 1D.

:rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

The one ****ing place in the whole wide world I thought was One Direction proof, but no, they manage to infect the soccer forum.

you have jumped the shark lads.

what next Miley (bus between the legs) Cyrus?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

brb is loaded
    brb great hair

And then spend ten years on the sex offender's list.......

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Please take a moment to show your appreciation for Stiliyan Petrov, who the charity match was for.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

TheDoc wrote: »
    Gabriel Agbonlahor getting tons of death threats from 1D fans, its shcoking stuff.

I'm not sure death threats by 13 year old girls are the most worrying things ever to receive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

brb is loaded
    brb great hair

:eek: Sorry, I thought I was on the Soccer forum. I'll see my own way out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

TheDoc wrote: »

To think the next generation coming up are brainwashed one direction and justin bieber fans, genuinely concerning that they can be so easily impressed

Football fans are hardly the benchmark of morality. People in football get abused for the crimes of having their legs broken or being on the receiving end of racial abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,912 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Zaph wrote: »
    We're now starting threads praising a player for injuring another player in a charity match? Seriously?

Yes, we should have a superthread for all these type of random football/soccer things that happen that people want to talk about and add to a football/soccer discussion forum, and then let other people complain about the thread and put it to the top of the forum.

*slow claps*

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Louis Tomlinson was stretchered off with a compound fracture of the clitoris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

This thread seems churlish in the extreme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Pop singer in one of the biggest bands around at the moment gives up some of his spare time to play in a charity match for a cancer charity, and raises the profile of the game within certain demographics bringing more money in. And posters on here give him abuse for doing it.

Its a cynical world we live in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BMJD wrote: »
    1d.jpg

because that's why

Which one is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just when you think this forum can't shock you any further along comes a load of white knights defending the honour of One Direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Classy thread.
    Silly from gabby, no need to go that hard on a non professional. Similar to Sheringhams smashing of Gordon Ramsey who's much sturdier but still came off worse.

As Redknapp said to Damian Lewis a few years back "calm down they haven't come to see you run around smashing the professional players" - after the latter had left a few marks on Zidane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

The Beatles had crazy fans too. Its not something new.

Please for God's sake tell me you are not comparing The Beatles with one direction ?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Just when you think this forum can't shock you any further....along comes a load of white knights defending the honour of One Direction.

One Direction r so gay right guyz XD lolol and Bieber is a gurl lol XD lololl

So funny and original XD ;):):):) lolol

Like if you agree XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

jmayo wrote: »
    Please for God's sake tell me you are not comparing The Beatles with one direction ?

Did I say that?

Read it again.

FFS

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just when you think this forum can't shock you any further along comes a load of white knights defending the honour of One Direction.

Careful now, you'll be deemed jealous by a lazy few :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Did I say that?

Read it again.

FFS

You are the one that put The Beatles and one direction in the one bloody sentence.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

You are the one that put The Beatles and one direction in the one bloody sentence.

Yes but he never compared them, he compared their fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How stupid is this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

mike65 wrote: »
    How stupid is this thread?

Good question, closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement