Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epc 2425 as a wireless access point

• 09-09-2013 12:58am
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if its possible to set this modem/router up as am access point. My current setup is I've got am EPC 3925 as my main modem, I've wifi disabled on this, from the 3925, I've a cable running to an Ethernet switch that's feeding a few rooms along with one feed wired into a linksys wrt54g which I'm using as my wifi. This setup works pretty good, but there is one or two weak areas in the building and I was thinking if I took another feed from the Ethernet switch and ran that cable to the attic, could I then use the old EPC 2425 like I'm using the wrt54g.

I'm aware that I'd have to disable DHCP and manually assign it a different IP address on my network, but as this is modem/router, I'm unsure if I can get it set up like the wrt54g.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

As you've said, all you have to do is disable dhcp and give it a static ip that doesn't conflict with the 3925 (assuming they use the same ip by default). Make sure you select a wireless channel different than the one you currently use on the wrt54g, though you can use the same ssid and password if you like (so you only have to add one network to devices and it will connect to whichever has a stronger signal).

Advertisement