Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best price on new GTA 5 game?

Options
  • 09-09-2013 4:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Anyone know what shops are doing the best deals on the new GTA game? For Xbox 360 specifically.

Only ones I know are Xtra Vision for 60 quid or about 55 off ebay. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Are GameStop not €60?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Tesco seem to be the cheapest lately on Xbox games €40 that's where I always go for them

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Are GameStop not €60?

Haven't a clue!

Sounds like it might be tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

See that there. but 'estimated postage' for me is an extra €7?
    Any idea as to how i could get your postage rates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Don't you get free delivery to Ireland with Amazon (or get free UK delivery and use Parcel Motel for €3.50)?

Phoebas wrote: »
    Don't you get free delivery to Ireland with Amazon (or get free UK delivery and use Parcel Motel for €3.50)?

I'm a bit away from a parcel motel so it would be nearly worth it to pay another 3.50 on top of that to get it delivered to my door. But he said €42 including delivery

Edit: Oh i see now, if you go through checkout it tells you at the end. Free postage takes 4-5 days

Easier to go to Tesco Monday night surely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Easier to go to Tesco Monday night surely

Any ideas on how many copies they are getting in and at what price?

Tempted to get it off Amazon but I'm unsure how parcel motel works!

Parcel motel is easy to use I joined last month it is great but to ensure you have it launch day I would be at Tesco at midnight, I went for black ops 2 and mw3 for black ops they even had nuke town map which was only for pre order, loads of copies in each store only ten of use there a d GameStop had a big queue, I think I paid 39.99, customer services is very helpful if you want to ring before hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

click on "go to checkout"
    on the "review your order" page change delivery option to FREE 4/5 day delivery
    if you pay in euros its €44-22

GameStop is 59.97

donegal. wrote: »
    click on "go to checkout"
    on the "review your order" page change delivery option to FREE 4/5 day delivery
    if you pay in euros its €44-22

And thats Amazon's exchange rate. If you pay in £'s you get the real exchange rate which is about €2 less :D

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Even though its almost certainly gonna be game of the year, 60 quid most places is still a bit steep isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

TheBrinch wrote: »
    Even though its almost certainly gonna be game of the year, 60 quid most places is still a bit steep isnt it?

You could spend double that on a night out and all you get is a dodgy burger and a hangover!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Think I'm going to try Tesco on Monday night.
    Has anyone gotten a price yet from there?

chrismon wrote: »
    Think I'm going to try Tesco on Monday night.
    Has anyone gotten a price yet from there?

It's 39.99 sterling with a fiver discount on uk site so the most it will be here is 45 I will give my local store a call tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

It's 39.99 sterling with a fiver discount on uk site so the most it will be here is 45 I will give my local store a call tomorrow

Nice one thanks.
    Let me know if you can find out.

spoke to tesco they will be having midnight release but not in every store tesco express ect wont have them, the fella wouldn't comment on price, just so everyone is aware the game requires an 8gb installation so make sure you have enough room for it probably take about an hour to do, may as well grab a pizza and a few cans for the wait

54.99 in tesco or 49.99 if you spend 20 instore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Where did you see that...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

65 in game stop mallow (from staff in shop) robbery.

Thanks for that, might be a good plan to spend €20 on beer and pizza to get the discount seeing as most people won't be leaving the house for a few days after this comes out....

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

54 is a bit steep compared to what tesco usually sell for

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Seems to be Sold Out everywhere?

Got it this morning in Tesco for the €49.99 thanks....

I decided to get a case of beer and some ice cream to spend the €20 in store, I forgot the off licence doesn't open til 10:30 so had to pace the aisle for a half an hour like an alcoholic waiting for it to open. Had a stroke of luck on the ice cream when I decided to buy two tubs of Ben and Gerrys Baked Alaska which was marked as half price (€2.94 ish), when I got to the till they charged me full price so when I pointed out their mistake they gave me back 'double the difference' so had another (almost) €6 off the price.....

Advertisement