Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire/smoke over towards Baldonnel or Grange Castle yesterday?

Options
  • 09-09-2013 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Plumes of black smoke coming from Grange Castle or Baldonnel direction (looking from Lucan direction) yesterday afternoon and even visible still this morning. My first thoughts were the travellers burning a caravan but I wouldn't expect that to keep burning through the night.

Anybody hear or see what's going on?
    Can't find anything on any news sites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

No idea but William Lavelle the local councilor put two photos of this up on Facebook last night and a guy in work this morning said they could see the smoke from near Clonee - must have been a big one.

The power in our house was flickering intermittently for a few hours last night - wonder was this related to the fire - e.g. interfering with the power lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Same problem with the lights flickering last night. We could see the fire, it seemed to be between the ORR and the Newcastle Road, at the canal or railway line.

R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Heard it was a tractor set on fire up near the old bridge or somewhere in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

William Lavelle has also said on his facebook that it was a pile of old tyres left on council land which had been set alight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Heard it was a tractor set on fire up near the old bridge or somewhere in that area.

Just saw this thread now and remember seeing that, I dont think it was just a tractor.
    Flunch wrote: »
    William Lavelle has also said on his facebook that it was a pile of old tyres left on council land which had been set alight.

Given by the black acrid looking plume of smoke I saw, Id say there was definitely something like tyres or something synthetic opposed to wood.

Our lights were flickering for that evening too, so I guessed it might have been a transformer that was burning and the effect on the grid (imbalance of in the load?) was causing the flickering later on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement