Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Cooking Club Week 35: Coca-Cola Chicken wings

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I made these last week. They where very tasty but for some reason the liquid wouldn't reduce and get sticky. I measured out the amount of liquid, but wouldn't go sticky for me. There was none leftover either way !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

foodaholic wrote: »
    I made these last week. They where very tasty but for some reason the liquid wouldn't reduce and get sticky. I measured out the amount of liquid, but wouldn't go sticky for me. There was none leftover either way !!

Turning the oven up for the last 20/30 minutes should reduce any liquid to a sticky dark coat. Keep turning the wings though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

foodaholic wrote: »

They where delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Going to try this again but with chicken legs. I'll let you know........ :)

Wanted to have these tonight for a Halloween treat but was working this afternoon so I cooked them last night for three hours at 140c. Then stuck them in the fridge until this evening when I got home. Blasted them in the oven at 180c for an hour, turning every 15 mins. I had to reduce the sauce in a separate pan.
    Served with matchstick chips and coleslaw.
    A bit more delicate than the wings, several of them fell apart while turning, but just as nice.
    Loads leftover, any suggestions on how to serve them up tomorrow night - I'm thinking a BBQ chicken risotto! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

just discovered the cooking club so started with this recipe. Mmmm lovely thanks mellor only complaint is i ate too many. I took a pic but don't know how to get it off my phone and up on boards. It actually looks like the other pics here much to my amazement. I used lemon instead of lime but can t imagine that would make any difference. Thanks again i m off to loosen the belt on my trousers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Made these at the weekend and was also making some pies, and had left over puff pastry, so mixed the cooled oniony marmalade left from this with some cheese and baked in the puff pastry. Sweet lord they were good.

Advertisement