Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First day problem already

Options
  • 09-09-2013 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

So my first real day of college is Thursday but I've just found out that a long awaited hospital appointment has just come through for me. Do you guys think I'd be ok to take the afternoon off for it or would it be better for me to try and reschedual the appointment? I've been waiting over a year for it to come through so not sure when they'd be able to fit me in next. Also it's the start of the term so they can't have much to teach us then. If I go for the appointment do I tell the tutor who'll be having me or someone else? It's been a long while since I had to think about classes. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Just make sure you don't need to register on Thursday afternoon and you'll be fine to go to the appointment. You could always e mail the course co ordinator if you know his/her name? Enjoy college, you'll have a great time :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Colleges kind of expect some attendance problems in the first week or so... Tell a fellow student to tell the tutor or lecturer. A lot of students have to take time off to sort out social welfare, housing issues etc in the first while so I wouldn't panic, just make sure you get someone to write down any notes or information you miss. I wouldn't reschedule any hospital appointment, as in my experience you could be waiting months. Hths

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bingie

Thanks guys. We register tomorrow and get timetables then too so luckily I won't be missing the important things that need sorting. Typical that everything happens at once but hopefully easy to deal with :)

Advertisement