Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helis NFL Trip

• 09-09-2013 10:12am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I thought I might start this (purely to pi$$ off Corvus :P) but so i can stick up some pictures of Candlestick and Century Link when i get back, but also a few places i visit on the way.

So I get to San Fran on October 5th and most likely will be jetlagged so that evening we'll be taking it easy.

The next day its Texans @ 49'ers which should be a fantastic game, it's my wifes first live NFL game so i'll need to get her beered up :P.

On the Monday its an early bird tour to Alcatraz, followed by a bike ride across the Golden Gate bridge.

Next day we pick up our SUV and get to Yosemite for a couple of nights.
    I'm really looking forward to this, google images doesn't do it justice!
    (Link)

After Yosemite, we hit the road towards Seattle and after a recommendation from a boardsie we stop off at Crater Lake (link)

We'll have probably a day and a half here which isnt long but there'll be a lot of sightseeing.

Friday afternoon we head for Seattle.

Plan is not to do too much on the Friday, Saturday we have friends arriving for a few days (before they head onto vancouver) and they are coming to the game. The guy is a novice to NFL but has thrown himself in deep to get familiar with the game. He's taken Unger as his hero.

This is the reason for the trip Tennessee Titans @ Seattle Seahawks, tickets are bought, Jersey will be worn and it'll be probably the best and worst 60 mins of my life! but the game just cant come soon enough.

I'm at midfield
    20110820_SEAHAWKS_MINN_1060.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1332868743214

The day will be immense and on the slim chance the Titans win it'll be fricking fantastic! A couple of days more in Seattle and then off to NYC for some shopping :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

I hate you Dude...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I was going to ask if you were going to catch a baseball game but the regular season will be over in September

What jersey do you have?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Will be wearing my Locker jersey, if I can wrangle the Huskies game on the Saturday I will but its doubtful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Barely 3 hours sleep, hungover, still buzzing from all the Football. Trying to enjoy the day off and I read this....
    I thought I might start this (purely to pi$$ off Corvus :P)

Heli, now you know your wonderful plans would never piss me off. In fact when I read and reflected upon your dream trip. It actually brought tears of happiness to my eyes. I was just so, so happy for you..............sorry............I'm choking up again. Just excuse for a moment while I grab a handkerchief.

6gZeqt.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

folks,I've had an idea...

I'd like to create my own t-shirt to celebreate the game I'm going to.

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that i could get a relatively complex design done?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that i could get a relatively complex design done?

There's a shop on the first floor in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre that do up t-shirts etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

A t shirt to celebrate going to a game, how old are you 5:D

shamrock55 wrote: »
    A t shirt to celebrate going to a game, how old are you 5:D

Yes... I am :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I must say, I hope you enjoy the trip and when I can, I will certainly try to emulate this in some shape or form.

Definitely jealous but in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I think this thread should be closed and Heli banned indefinitely!!

(Also Camden clothing do t-shirts but they will need the image in vector....whatever that is!)

• Advertisement

You guys can live your NFL adventure through me :D

Yes.. i was hoping to rock up with an image and have them print it on a t shirt, or perhaps thats too low tech!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Will be wearing my Locker jersey, if I can wrangle the Huskies game on the Saturday I will but its doubtful

You say Huskies... so it doesn't seem a big deal. They're playing fcuking Oregon. GO. TO. THAT. GAME!!!

Also, I gotta stop reading this thread. The jealousy is hurting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

After the Vikings game on Sunday in Wembley I fly state side and will be catching the Razorbacks @ Gators in the swamp the following weekend. Then I get to chill out on a big ass cruise ship for a week... but your trip sounds good too :D

Bike ride.. motor or pedal?!

Vikings wrote: »
    After the Vikings game on Sunday in Wembley I fly state side and will be catching the Razorbacks @ Gators in the swamp the following weekend. Then I get to chill out on a big ass cruise ship for a week... but your trip sounds good too :D

Bike ride.. motor or pedal?!

Pedal... (and thats dangerous enough, I've had 2 bad crashes on my pedal bike in 2 weeks) putting an engine under me at the moment is not a good idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Whatever happened to a three night mid week stay in Bettystown....

Sounds great!

/jealous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Sounds great Heli, hope it's a good trip!

Damn not being a mod of this forum!
    I cant update the OP..

A girl in work is just back from a few days in Yosemite and the picture she took are top notch so very much looking forward to that aspect of the trip

Staying in this place in Yosemite
    http://www.evergreenlodge.com/
    Its a mini resort but rustic cabins, basically not connected to the outside world so will be a nice break after what should be a few hectic days in San Fran

Staying in this place in Crater Lake
    http://www.craterlakelodges.com/lodging/crater-lake-lodge/

I was very hopeful of the give the Titan performances over the last few weeks that we'd really push the Seahawks for the full game however now with Lockers injury and the noodle arm of Fitzpatrick that is looking less likely and it will be our D that will keep us in the game.

The 9'ers/Texans game is also shaping up to be a goodie with both on 2-2 and both needed a win, so i expect a good ding dong battle in Candlestick next week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

49ers game should be good, usually a good atmosphere for the prime time games.

I'd avoid using the term "San Fran" to describe the city, bit of a pet hate around there. Same goes for "Frisco"

adrian522 wrote: »
    49ers game should be good, usually a good atmosphere for the prime time games.

I'd avoid using the term "San Fran" to describe the city, bit of a pet hate around there. Same goes for "Frisco"

What the hell do i call it then?
    "the bay"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Make sure you get up to Glacier Point while you're in Yosemite, you get a stunning view of the Yosemite Valley. If you have the time and fitness you can hike up, otherwise it's a nice enough drive (which is what we did).

In Seattle, go to Kerry Park for a fantastic view (there's not much there except the view). It's not too much of a walk from Space Needle so you can combine it with a trip there. Sunset is the perfect time to head there.

Have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

These threads are awesome gives one a good idea on what to do and what to see when going to a city or game. Great for away fans also. And Heli even though I will be living the dream in the US not far from Foxboro I am mighty jealous of your trip ye banker. Makes me want to do a big ass trip to a city and ground I havent been to watch a Pats away game or just random NFL game.

Cheers TO, yeah this is a once in a (very long time!) trip but i really cant wait for it, its a lot to cram into 2weeks but hey i like a challenge :pac:

best of luck dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nearly forgot Heli, don't forget to pick me up a cheap computer monitor while you're over there.

Because something is telling me I'm going to be needing one pretty soon.:(

* Vomits *

Nearly forgot Heli, don't forget to pick me up a cheap computer monitor while you're over there.

Because something is telling me I'm going to be needing one pretty soon.:(

* Vomits *

Its not all easy street, due to the US shutdown the 2 national parks I'm going to might be closed unless they sort out the budget, a$$holes!

It's not a picture with AP but Sherman gave me a shout out

I'm off gentlemen.. 9'ers to beat the Texans and Titans to run wild in Seattle! See you lot in a couple of weeks

You couldn't write this, immigration guy is a chiefs fan, he's pretty confident of a chiefs win on Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You couldn't write this, immigration guy is a chiefs fan, he's pretty confident of a chiefs win on Sunday!

You said you were going, so go. NO updates.

:(

Advertisement