Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Needy puppy

• 09-09-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

We've recently moved house and our puppy was settled in our old house, would sleep in the kitchen an stay there himself until we got up for work. In new place he will cry with the odd back all night until we give in and let him sleep in the room and even during the day if we are walking around he'll follow you everywhere to the point of sitting outside the toilet waiting on you to finish. Anyone any advice or have something similar happen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Lovely pup!

Our two were slightly unsettled after our move, but settled down after a while. We used the DAP plug-in and collars. Not cheap, but worth it!
    One of the doggies is wearing a DAP collar at the moment, as on crate rest and it made a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Carter1986

Hi,

Thank you for that. I didn't even know such things existed. I don't mind paying the money as long as it calms him down again. Think it is a combination of the move and he needs to be de sexed so all building up against him. Can you recommend where to buy, had a look on eBay and seem to ship from USA but will take too long to ship to Melbourne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Hi Carter, didn't realise you are down under. I bought the collar at my vets, but I'm based in Ireland.

Had a quick google and found this: http://www.thevetshed.com.au/shop/dogs/11

They have the diffusor and a spray. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

hes only little (how old?) - he's bound to be unsettled to be in a strange place. He wants to be with you guys all the time because you're his anchor in this strange new place. Give him lots of TLC and get him into a routine as soon as you can. Of course he will cry in the (strange) kitchen until you come and take him in to your room :rolleyes: When you leave him overnight on his own, you could give him some old sweater or item of clothing that smells of you, in his bed. You could also leave some low-level music (radio) on, or a ticking clock helps too, so that its not totally silent. Give him a teddy/stuffed toy that he can snuggle up to as well. He will soon settle in to his new environment, but its understandable that he should be disorientated until his does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

aonb wrote: »
    hes only little (how old?) - he's bound to be unsettled to be in a strange place. He wants to be with you guys all the time because you're his anchor in this strange new place. Give him lots of TLC and get him into a routine as soon as you can. Of course he will cry in the (strange) kitchen until you come and take him in to your room :rolleyes: When you leave him overnight on his own, you could give him some old sweater or item of clothing that smells of you, in his bed. You could also leave some low-level music (radio) on, or a ticking clock helps too, so that its not totally silent. Give him a teddy/stuffed toy that he can snuggle up to as well. He will soon settle in to his new environment, but its understandable that he should be disorientated until his does.

This, he is only a baby, my dog is nearly three and was unsettled for about a month after we moved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement