Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom installation without subscription

• 09-09-2013 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi All ...

Just a quick question -

I want to change from UPC to Sky for my phone and broadband but i don't have and active eircom line in my appartment. There is an eircom box to plug a phone line into but it's never been used. Does anyone know if eircom will activate the line if i don't sign up for their services ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You should be able to get Sky to activate the line for you otherwise I think you'll be tied into a contract for phone line rental with Eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭top_dog

You should be able to get Sky to activate the line for you otherwise I think you'll be tied into a contract for phone line rental with Eircom

Sky won't activate line. I've been trying to get sky broadband for awhile but they keep telling me because the line is not active and address of house is not in their database they are not able to do this. They tell me to contact eircom to get it activated. When I call eircom the will only activate line if I sign up to 12 month subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭greengirl31

top_dog wrote: »
    Sky won't activate line. I've been trying to get sky broadband for awhile but they keep telling me because the line is not active and address of house is not in their database they are not able to do this. They tell me to contact eircom to get it activated. When I call eircom the will only activate line if I sign up to 12 month subscription.

I spoke to Sky about this a couple of weeks ago and they said they were on the process of training engineers to activate the Eircom Lines ... They said that that service should be available by the end of 2013 so hopefully ... I'm dying to leave UPC !!!

Advertisement