Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big pack of small ethernet cables?

Options
  • 09-09-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Setting up a small office with a switch, and patch panel and will need to get 20+ small ethernet cables, max length would need to be only 50cm. Do any of you guys know where we'd be able to buy a pack of that amount of ok quality for a decent price?

I've searched around a bit, and with the millions of options, that makes things difficult, but also most packs I've found are longer than that (or coming from the states :/ ), or places give you the complete DIY version with the raw version with a really long wire and crimping equipment. My only experience with crimping ethernet cables was years ago that lead to a period of terribly unreliable wired connections!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Cables.ie ... they have patch cables of 25/50cm length in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

seaders wrote: »
    Setting up a small office with a switch, and patch panel and will need to get 20+ small ethernet cables, max length would need to be only 50cm. Do any of you guys know where we'd be able to buy a pack of that amount of ok quality for a decent price?

Dealz discount store were selling CAT 5 cables for €1.49, I think they were 1m long.

Unless you want/need CAT 6 cables, which is worth getting for their minimal price difference/future proofing.

I haven't used MemoryC, based in Celbridge yet but their prices always looked decent and free delivery over €15.

2m CAT 5 @ €2.45 each

2m CAT 6a @ €2.82

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seaders

Awesome guys, exactly what I was looking for!

I have used MemoryC quite a bit, their prices for those USB3.0 Transcend drop-proof drives are rarely beaten! But they've only got the longer cables, which would be much too long for the switch-to-patch panel ones, but they're perfect for the wall-to-desk cables, so thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Here you are, 50cm for less than a euro:
    http://www.tvtrade.ie/patch-cable.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭DanielGibbons

I honestly read the title and thought it said big pack of small condoms. For shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seaders

Hehehe... but srsly... we're not that type of office.

Maybe if things go really, really, really badly in the future... maybe...

But I hope not.

Also, if it were condoms, I wouldn't be looking for small ones!

Advertisement