Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens to price

Options
  • 09-09-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

We've just bought a house that is in the process of being upgraded to fibre. From chats on boards, it's expected in the Oct/Nov.

However, at the moment all that is available is the NGB product.

There is a discount of €15 p/m for the first six months then it goes up to €50 p/m.

My questions are:
    1) How long is the contract for? I can't see it in the t&c's.

2) If fibre becomes available, can we avail of the reduced online rate for the first six months of the efibre product? Or do we just go onto the fibre product at full whack?

3) If we move to the fibre product, what sort of contract do we sign? Do we continue on the existing NGB contract or sign a new 12 month contract?

Thanks,
    Quad
    Advanced unlimited
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]€35.00[/font]
    per month
    first 6 months
    €50.00 per month thereafter

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]E fibre unlimited[/font]
    per month, first 6 months
    for new online customers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We've just bought a house that is in the process of being upgraded to fibre. From chats on boards, it's expected in the Oct/Nov.

There is a discount of €15 p/m for the first six months then it goes up to €50 p/m.

My questions are:

2) If fibre becomes available, can we avail of the reduced online rate for the first six months of the efibre product? Or do we just go onto the fibre product at full whack?

3) If we move to the fibre product, what sort of contract do we sign? Do we continue on the existing NGB contract or sign a new 12 month contract?

Thanks,
    Quad
    Advanced unlimited
    per month
    first 6 months

Hi Quad,

The contract is for 12 months for the standard NGB bundle packages.

The efibre is seen as as a separate product. So any existing contract is not transferable if a customers moves to efibre.

If a customer decides to connect to an NGB product before an efibre area goes live they can avail of the new customer NGB promotion. However they can not avail of the efibre new customer promotion when the efibre is available after signing up to the NGB promo as they will not be a new customer.

So the efibre would be €50 starting off from when it is connected.

I hope that is clear?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Hi folks,

My questions are:

Thanks,
    Quad
    Advanced unlimited
    per month
    first 6 months

Hi Quad,

The efibre is seen as as a separate product. So any existing contract is not transferable if a customers moves to efibre.

If a customer decides to connect to an NGB product before an efibre area goes live they can avail of the new customer NGB promotion. However they can not avail of the efibre new customer promotion when the efibre is available after signing up to the NGB promo as they will not be a new customer.

I hope that is clear?

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

So if I signed up the NGB product this month and then my area goes live with fibre one month later, I would lose five months of discounted internet?

5 x €15 = €75

Whereas if I waited for Eircom to connect our area then if it did go live we'd get six months at €35 then it would go up to €50? But the rollout dates have slipped a few times over the last few months in our area so who knows really when fibre will go live.

On the other hand, if I go with Vodafone we just get the same thing for €37 and then get bumped to fibre at the same time it becomes available to Eircom customers.

Can you sell the Eircom product here? Why should someone sign to Eircom over Vodafone?

Regards,
    Quad

Hi folks,

My questions are:

Thanks,
    Quad
    Advanced unlimited
    per month
    first 6 months

Hi Quad,

I hope that is clear?

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

So if I signed up the NGB product this month and then my area goes live with fibre one month later, I would lose five months of discounted internet?

5 x €15 = €75

Whereas if I waited for Eircom to connect our area then if it did go live we'd get six months at €35 then it would go up to €50? But the rollout dates have slipped a few times over the last few months in our area so who knows really when fibre will go live.

On the other hand, if I go with Vodafone we just get the same thing for €37 and then get bumped to fibre at the same time it becomes available to Eircom customers.

Can you sell the Eircom product here? Why should someone sign to Eircom over Vodafone?

Regards,
    Quad

Hi Quad

I have been advised that we are giving the standard NGB discounts in full if customers move to efibre during the six month promotional period.

However the 6 month efibre promotion is not applicable.

Thanks, Mark 

Hi folks,

My questions are:

Thanks,
    Quad
    Advanced unlimited
    per month
    first 6 months

Hi Quad,

I hope that is clear?

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

5 x €15 = €75

Regards,
    Quad

Hi Quad

I have been advised that we are giving the standard NGB discounts in full if customers move to efibre during the six month promotional period.

Thanks, Mark 
    Thanks for the response Mark.

So, to clarify: we would get six months of €15 off whether we stayed with NGB or moved to fibre.

Three final questions:
    1) if we moved onto fibre after two months of NGB, would that start a new 12 month contract?
    and
    2) Do existing Eircom customers get access to fibre at the same time as new customers?
    and
    3) If I PM'ed our new address, would you be able to advise what the wait time on starting a broadband service would be?

Thanks Mark,
    Paul

Hi folks,

My questions are:

Thanks,
    Quad
    Advanced unlimited
    per month
    first 6 months

Hi Quad,

I hope that is clear?

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

5 x €15 = €75

Regards,
    Quad

Hi Quad

Thanks, Mark 

So, to clarify: we would get six months of €15 off whether we stayed with NGB or moved to fibre.

Three final questions:
    1) if we moved onto fibre after two months of NGB, would that start a new 12 month contract?
    and
    2) Do existing Eircom customers get access to fibre at the same time as new customers?
    and
    3) If I PM'ed our new address, would you be able to advise what the wait time on starting a broadband service would be?

Thanks Mark,
    Paul

Hi Paul,

1) The NGB contract is not transferable if customers then sign up for efibre. A new 18 month contract will start from when the efibre is activated.

2) As advised there the promotions for new / existing customer may differ. However in terms of the network and service available it is the same across the board.

3) Feel free to PM the address and I will check the availability.

Mark

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

My questions are:

Thanks,
    Quad
    Advanced unlimited
    per month
    first 6 months

Hi Quad,

I hope that is clear?

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

5 x €15 = €75

Regards,
    Quad

Hi Quad

Thanks, Mark 

Three final questions:
    and
    and

Thanks Mark,
    Paul

Hi Paul,

1) The NGB contract is not transferable if customers then sign up for efibre. A new 18 month contract will start from when the efibre is activated.

2) As advised there the promotions for new / existing customer may differ. However in terms of the network and service available it is the same across the board.

Mark
    Thanks Mark. Will send PM now.

Hi folks,

My questions are:

Thanks,
    Quad
    Advanced unlimited
    per month
    first 6 months

Hi Quad,

I hope that is clear?

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response.

5 x €15 = €75

Regards,
    Quad

Hi Quad

Thanks, Mark 

Three final questions:
    and
    and

Thanks Mark,
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Mark
    Thanks Mark. Will send PM now.
    Hi Quad,

Got your PM thanks and mailed you back.

Mark

Advertisement