Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays on Back To Education Allowance?

Options
  • 09-09-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just looking for some help.

I'm available to collect my back to education payments from Thursday to Saturdays in my local post office, however, in a few weeks my sister is getting married down the country and I will be unavailable to collect my payment on the three days mentioned above.

I'm just wondering is it possible to take holidays on BTEA and receive a double payment the next week? Is there anything I could do to ensure I could get paid, or will I just have to leave it for that week? Which would be far from ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Hi,

BTEA is usually paid into an account during the college months, you should ask your local welfare office about this so you don't have to take time off during lectures or classes to collect it.

Other than this, when on welfare you're allowed a couple of weeks holidays during the year. Just pop into the local office and explain the situation to them, they'll more than likely just give you a double week the following week. I've never had a problem doing this.
    If you miss the payment you'll have to go into them and explain why in order for them to restart your payments again so sort it out before to avoid any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭computer44

just go in to your welfare office and explain. Should not be a problem. Make sure though you explain to them your circumstances.

They can niggly about these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

BTEA is generally paid directly into your bank account

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

BTEA is generally paid directly into your bank account

I got it in the post office last year and went for that option on this years application. D you think if I went into the social welfare office it would be possible to switch to the bank account way?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I have a sneaking suspicion if you pick up the phone they would be able to give you a more reliable answer than any of us but I can't see why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

KeithTS wrote: »
    I have a sneaking suspicion if you pick up the phone they would be able to give you a more reliable answer than any of us but I can't see why not.

They never answer the telephone in my local office. I'll pop up soon and see what they say. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

On the dole your entitled to a couple of weeks so id imagine its the same.

You let them know when you cant collect then you collect a double the week after on the dole. It was last year anyway unless its changed.

Advertisement