Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home phone service down AGAIN

Options
  • 09-09-2013 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Thought I might get a response here rather than hanging on to be fobbed off by the repairs department...

I live fairly rurally so the infrastructure is very basic and I only have a landline phone from eircom (broadband won't come here, ever I've been told)

Anyway - yet again my phoneline is off with no warning - for 4 days now. This happens regularly, at least 1-3 days every billing period. I pay the same as everyone else in the country for my phoneline. I get no explanation or refunds, not even an apology from Eircom.

The fault was reported before the weekend - are no repairs done at weekends ? (Or just when Clare are in the All-Ireland)

It stinks that Eircom's website is all about how wonderful they are at superfast broadband when they can't even provide a reliable home phone service just because someone doesn't live in a major town.

Hoping someone can help me out a bit - ditching Eircom altogether is a major consideration at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Thought I might get a response here rather than hanging on to be fobbed off by the repairs department...

I live fairly rurally so the infrastructure is very basic and I only have a landline phone from eircom (broadband won't come here, ever I've been told)

Anyway - yet again my phoneline is off with no warning - for 4 days now. This happens regularly, at least 1-3 days every billing period. I pay the same as everyone else in the country for my phoneline. I get no explanation or refunds, not even an apology from Eircom.

The fault was reported before the weekend - are no repairs done at weekends ? (Or just when Clare are in the All-Ireland)

It stinks that Eircom's website is all about how wonderful they are at superfast broadband when they can't even provide a reliable home phone service just because someone doesn't live in a major town.

Hoping someone can help me out a bit - ditching Eircom altogether is a major consideration at the moment.
    Hi Chicken Run

Can you PM me with your tel no: and I can look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement