Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franz Ferdinand 2014 Tour

Options
  • 09-09-2013 12:03pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1187050_10151808380204223_1284229147_n.jpg

March 23rd - Olympia :) **Tickets €28.40 incl. booking fee go on sale this Friday at 9am**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

savage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They played a great set at EP in fairness. I didn't know any of the stuff from their new album but I still really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

MadYaker wrote: »
    They played a great set at EP in fairness. I didn't know any of the stuff from their new album but I still really enjoyed it.

They are actually really good live. Saw them in 08 at EP and had a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Robotnic

Looking for couple of standing tickets if anyone looking to off load! PM thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 phelo2000

Hey. Got three standing tickets for sale if you're still interested. Face value. Could meet you at the Olympia.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone know stage times for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone know stage times for tonight?

Eagulls on at 8pm and FF on at around 9pm

First time seeing them and wouldn't be descibed as a big fan but.... that was quality! Did not expect such a good gig.

lc180 wrote: »
    First time seeing them and wouldn't be descibed as a big fan but.... that was quality! Did not expect such a good gig.

Yea 3rd time seeing them but 1st time seeing them on their headline show and blew me away . For me a very underated live band and i feel "Tonight Franz Ferdinand" was a super album even though a lot of people didnt agree. New songs are sounding great .

Could we see them headlining Sea Sessions?

Yea 3rd time seeing them but 1st time seeing them on their headline show and blew me away . For me a very underated live band and i feel "Tonight Franz Ferdinand" was a super album even though a lot of people didnt agree. New songs are sounding great .

Could we see them headlining Sea Sessions?

I was a little worried because they played a lot of the hits pretty early on in the set but they kept the crowd going throughout.

Would be a great booking for Sea Sessions!

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    I was a little worried because they played a lot of the hits pretty early on in the set but they kept the crowd going throughout.

Would be a great booking for Sea Sessions!

I knew they would either open or play Matinee early on . I felt they had a good balance of all albums and spread out all the hits . Would have prefered if they had closed with "This Fire" but hey still a brilliant gig .

Kinda hope they dont play Sea Sessions ha because i wont be able to go but if they support Biffy in Dublin id be happier :) 2 scottish bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

A fantastic gig. Franz Ferdinand were the first "real" band I ever loved, and I've been a fan for over a decade. Yesterday was my first time seeing them so you can imagine how excited I was. Surpassed my expectations, and there was great energy from the crowd which I think helps make a gig that bit better.

Highlights for me were Matinée, Do You Want To and This Fire. Would have loved them to play Darts of Pleasure as it's my fave song of theirs, but ah well.

Hope they don't play Sea Sessions cause it's the same weekend as Arcade Fire/Pixies!

Advertisement