Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Gavin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

That shows pretty clearly that it wasn't a free against Kelly alright.
    Poor performance alround by Gavin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

That shows pretty clearly that it wasn't a free against Kelly alright.
    Poor performance alround by Gavin

tbf the video shown has about 7 slow motion replays and its still not 100% clear, Gavin had one view in normal speed and not a single Clare player objected at the time, infact Kelly actually celebrated conceding the free. I'd love to see some of the experts on here actually even attempt to referee a game :D never mind an AI final.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

tbf the video shown has about 7 slow motion replays and its still not 100% clear, Gavin had one view in normal speed and not a single Clare player objected at the time, infact Kelly actually celebrated conceding the free. I'd love to see some of the experts on here actually even attempt to referee a game :D never mind an AI final.

Ah I did say it was a hard one to spot in fairness, but looking at his hand it never goes near the ground. I was in a pitch side seat myself barely 25 yards away and hadn't a clue :D.

Kellys reaction is strange he was either delighted with the (excellent) save or maybe though he had a free out :p.

Anyway as I have said previously the ref made one or two mistakes but these things happen, and I think the focus on it has detracted from what was a fine game. We certainly had ample opportunities to win it for ourselves.

Here's hoping we can pull it off in two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

I think that replay starts too late. He picks the ball off the ground right at the very start of it but it's hard to notice.

I was in Davin Premium just to the right of the goal and he definitely picked the ball off the ground. As is evidenced by the complete lack of protest from any Clare player.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

bo-sco wrote: »
    I think that replay starts too late. He picks the ball off the ground right at the very start of it but it's hard to notice.

I was in Davin Premium just to the right of the goal and he definitely picked the ball off the ground. As is evidenced by the complete lack of protest from any Clare player.

Ah I see, clip makes a hell of a lot more sense to me now, I couldn't fathom his calm reaction based on what is shown in the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

generally Brian Gavin is a good ref.. He just had a bad day.. it happens..

Advertisement