Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof camera & case for surfing

Options
  • 09-09-2013 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced waterproof camera and a method of attaching it to a wetsuit?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

Yorky wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced waterproof camera and a method of attaching it to a wetsuit?

Thanks in advance.

Gopro hd are the best sports camera out there but not a bit cheap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 romeosensini

Go Pro seem the best around..

Saw this today. I know nothing about them though..

http://www.grabonestore.ie/intempo-720p-hd-action-camera

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

have a go pro. very impressive piece of kit, fogging the main issue with them but hard to avoid here in our cold waters.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

promethius wrote: »
    have a go pro. very impressive piece of kit, fogging the main issue with them but hard to avoid here in our cold waters.

Is fogging as make or break problem? Do those anti-fog strips work well?
    I'm thinking of getting one soon and it would be fairly annoying if all my footage was fogged up!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

dermo909 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting one soon and it would be fairly annoying if all my footage was fogged up!

Fogging was a major issue for the gopro and gopro hd original but the newer model (more expensive) doesn't get fogged up as easily,there are cheaper cameras out there but none come close to the gopro hd 3 black edition picture quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Dry the case and camera well with the heating from your car and try to close it in the stream off "dry" air from the heating. Also if there is space a salt packet from burger king MD's will take some moisture out of the air in the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

dermo909 wrote: »

No i wouldn't say it's a make or break problem for it. It's just something you need to work around, the dessicant inserts are good. You can set up the camera in a mode where it automatically starts recording when you power it on. this means you can leave it powered off until you need it. this generates less heat in the housing which is what causes the problem

it's worse in the winter of course.

Advertisement