Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counter Top Off Cut

• 09-09-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea where I would get an off cut of some counter top ?

I only need 2'x2' of black counter top and most if not all only sell it in full lengths .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Somewhere that actually fits kitchens rather than supplies worktops might be a better bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Jet black? I might have a piece but it's dark with specks on it. Let me know if you think it might suit and I'll try and dig it out, just hope I didn't drop it to Mungret last time I was out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Once it's fairly dark it would be ok , I just want it for standing the coal buckets on by the fire , and judging by tonight it's going to get a lot of work this year .

Before you go searching I am going to head out to that salvage liquidation depot thingy in Eastlink Business park in the morning to see if they have anything .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If it's really such a little piece you need then try in house because they cut their own on site so often have off cuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Hi Guys,

Try these lads .. same as above ?

http://lslc.ie/

Eastlink Business park ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

phog wrote: »
    Jet black? I might have a piece but it's dark with specks on it. Let me know if you think it might suit and I'll try and dig it out, just hope I didn't drop it to Mungret last time I was out there.

Thanks for the offer , up until today "Dark" would have done but now that "black" has been seen it's wanted , I could take it off your hands but you would have to swap it for my wife and I don't know how you are fixed for wives :p
    Beer Baron wrote: »
    If it's really such a little piece you need then try in house because they cut their own on site so often have off cuts.

Tried In House , nice lads in there , went off looking for me but couldn't find anything :(
    Hi Guys,

Try these lads .. same as above ?

http://lslc.ie/

Eastlink Business park ...

Tried that place no luck but he said to check back as he gets in stuff on a fairly regular basis ..... nice shop , will be remembered for future reference .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

jonski wrote: »
    Once it's fairly dark it would be ok , I just want it for standing the coal buckets on by the fire , and judging by tonight it's going to get a lot of work this year .

Before you go searching I am going to head out to that salvage liquidation depot thingy in Eastlink Business park in the morning to see if they have anything .

If you do get a counter top off cut, is it not going to have the bare chipboard visible on 2 or 3 sides? I assume its a laminate effect one you have in mind?

Would one of those 600 x 600 TILES not do the trick? I tiled my bathroom from B&Q using a large 2x2 foot cream tile BUT a good friend used jet black tiles (same size) with a marble/granite effect.

One of those could be picked up quite handy (or even free) as a 'sample' and would look the business... No?

Advertisement