Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC firbe broadband

Options
  • 09-09-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys,

We have bought a house just off Clonkeen Road, Deansgrange, Co. Dublin, and I have contacted UPC about getting a new connection (no connection ever made to this property). They have told me I can get tv & phone now but not broadband until the upgrading is done.

Does anyone else in this area have issues with getting upc fibre broadband? They have told me it should be done shorty and if I see any engineers in the area to ask them!

Thanks,
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That doesn't sound right. You can't get phone unless you can get broadband.
    Either way, the person on the phone should be able to give you a date of completion if there is one.
    Its possible that there are no immediate plans to upgrade.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If BB is imminent they usually notify people in the area that work is being carried out and that they hope to offer it shortly etc etc. Might be worth asking your neighbours if they got any such PR stuff recently.

Advertisement