Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a National Governing Body

Options
  • 09-09-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im not sure if it's in this section that i should ask this, But how would you go about setting up a NGB here in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

For what? Only government can set up Stautory NGBs but if it is for say a sport, you would typically need some sort of approval from the National Sports Council if you seek recognition and access to funding etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TheoBane

Yes, it would be for a sport. I already contacted the NSC but i haven't heard off them about anything. I emailed them asking details about setting up a NSC, so i presume i would have to wait till they get back to me then

There is nothing to stop you doing so now. You will need to get the majority of organising clubs to afilliate to your NGB to have any credence. You will require of set of sporting rules, penalties, ethics codes etc to which all signed-up members clubs must agree to abide by. You should also seek to be recognised by the internationa federation of your sport as the local ASN.

Ok i have most of that set up already, Would i need to contact any government agencies or register the NGB

No legal obligation to do so but if you want something from the NSC, you will need proper relations with them. Depending on the sport itself , you may need to cover uinder-age(child protection) and drugs in sport, NSC will be able to guide you on these issues.

• Advertisement

Ok, Thank you for all of the advice. It was really helpfull

Advertisement