Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best android HD box for streaming with XBMC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

AE86JAY wrote: »
    I think my beloved dreambox is coming to an end soon and I want a replacement, I like the idea of these android boxes and have been messing round with it on my phone until now, I get the impression there not as easy to work with as the normal dreamboxes etc, I alwys want the best of the best when it comes to these things, this one hascaught my eye and Im thinking of purchasing? anyone any reasons why I shouldnt?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G-BOX-MIDNIGHT-MX2-XBMC-ANDROID-DUAL-CORE-STREAMING-BOX-NEW-SPECIAL-EDITION-/261218345754?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item3cd1d3a31a

Take a look at the new android console "OUYA" its supposed to run xbmc pretty well and also has games to keep the kids entertained ;)

Cost around €100 i think.

What ever you do don't purchase that thing on ebay, its WAY over priced and would only take you 20mins to set up yourself. Loads of vids on youtube to should you how to install xbmc on android and navi X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

have you looked here?

MINIX NEO X7 Quad Core Mini TV BOX Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS Rockchip RK3188 Cortex A9 1.6GHz HDMI HDD Player 2G/16G Bluetooth V4.0 External WiFi Antenna Black

20130820112271mnd0v787.JPG

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/NEO-X7-EU-Plug-TV-BOX-RK3188-2G-16G-BT-External-wifi-antenna-317282.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

that looking interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭AE86JAY

I just briefly skimmed over it but cvan you pause TV and record shows with that box? Or is that even an option with any of these boxes yet?

Ive to do a lot more homework on them yet as there relatively new to me,

Also there seems to be some misadvertisement, do any of these boxes stream XBMC in 1080?

I'm going to purchase something today there is such vast choice it's hard to know whats best, also technology in this streaming game seems to be moving very rapidly, What I might buy now I'll have to move to the kitchen in a year I'd say once new boxes start coming out,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I've recently bought an mk908 and sent it back and yesterday I got a box similar to the one above with rk3188 and both have problems streaming from xbmc. I'm going to send the new one back as well.

joeperry wrote: »
    I've recently bought an mk908 and sent it back and yesterday I got a box similar to the one above with rk3188 and both have problems streaming from xbmc. I'm going to send the new one back as well.
    Are you going to try another one? What seems to be the problem? I'm streaming from my SGS3 without any probs, Just hard to find certain channels and in good quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

The streaming isn't smooth even through eternet,but using my pc its fine. So I don't know what the problem is.

After a bit of thought I eventually bought this today, looking forward to seen how it works now, I'm not expecting miracles but it seems its the way forward,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121163763331

Is there such a thing as paying someone to supply there streaming service for high quality reliable channels instead of scanning through the free ones?

• Advertisement
Advertisement