Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Age Card

• 09-09-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Thought this might be the best place to ask:

Do you have to be from Ireland to get the Age Card? Or is it fine to be European and resident in Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭Marquis de carabas

As long as you are legally residing here and can provide proof of identity and age then you are entitled to apply for an age card.

The only residents who are not entitled to an age card are individuals seeking asylum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I'm English and have an age card, so nationality has nothing to do with it,
    Relatively easy to get as well, although depending on area, might have to wait a while for it, usually a number of weeks, but a very handy card to have, much rather it than passport..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Thanks, just wanted to make sure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭RoadWars2013

Sorry for dragging up an old thread.
    Decided it was better to add than start a new one.

I'm irish right born here parents irish

I don't have a passport was on my mams and haven't gone away in years.

Can I still get an age card I have my birth card Visa card bank statement ect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Sorry for dragging up an old thread.
    Decided it was better to add than start a new one.

I'm irish right born here parents irish

I don't have a passport was on my mams and haven't gone away in years.

Can I still get an age card I have my birth card Visa card bank statement ect.
    What documentation do I need to get my Age Card?
    You will need the following:
    • Your Birth Certificate or your GNIB (Garda National Immigration Bureau) Card or your valid Passport (in date)
    • One other form of ID.
    • One recent passport photograph.

Passport or birth cert and another form of ID. Have you any other form of photo ID?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

I had no passport when I first applied for mine.

I took my birth cert and they accepted my father's driving licence as the second form of ID, although that could've been a discretionary decision on the Garda's part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It says one other form of ID, not one other form of picture ID. A bank statement in your name, along with say a birth cert, would be sufficient proof I would think.

Advertisement