Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RippleCom] Awesome CS!

• 09-09-2013 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

Hi Kieran,
    At this stage it is apparent that we are unable to supply you with a reliable and proper service that we strive to give to our customers. Unfortunately we cannot improve the connection due to the interference and the best course of action is to cancel your service with us with immediate effect and to credit you back the last 30 days in lieu of notice.

This is unfortunately the only direction we can take as it is an unacceptable service you are getting from the mast.

I will process the credits now, and will have an engineer out to remove all the Ripplecom equipment.
    You service will cease at midnight tonight.

So yeah... send in a complaint, and they give you an immediate cancellation of your subscription without your consent. :rolleyes:

Absolutely sh!t customer support they got...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Even their damn Head of Sales Manager went ahead with it, regards of the amount of times requesting to not end my subscription...

Thank you for your email,

I have reviewed your account and can see the multiple issues that you have flagged over many months.

Ripplecom has a business imperative to ensure that when we deliver a service, we deliver it well and to our customers satisfaction (which does not appear to be the case here).

We provide our services using wireless technology and sometimes we cannot provide services that meet our customers’ expectations, even though we attempt to do so using every means at our disposal. Obviously we cannot alter the topology of Ireland or the Laws of Physics.

In your particular case, it is obvious that we have not met the service levels that you demand on an ongoing basis.

This is unsatisfactory for both parties involved and there is no point in Ripplecom continuing to provide a service that you are unhappy with.

Kevin took the logical step of cancelling your service and giving you 30 days credit as this was the best possible course of action that he could take.

We cannot improve the current level of service despite our best efforts and the deployment of high-gain radio equipment on your roof. The service level that we can provide does not meet your needs and therefore the best course of action is to terminate the contract.

However, in light of your email and in order not to cause you any inconvenience this coming Wednesday, we will cease your service in 30 days time and this email serves as official notice of same.

As a gesture of goodwill, no further invoices will be issued on your account and you will not have to pay for the service from 22nd September onwards.

I regret that we did not meet the service levels that you desired and I wish you the very best

Who the hell does this asshole expect me to go with ? I've got zero alternatives for other broadband providers in my area!!

These bastards must take great joy having a pseudo "100% satisfied" customer base, everyone else they remove from their services...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

As far as I can see the email you got from the sales manager was perfectly reasonable. They have decided that the service cannot be provided, exhausted all options, and now withdrawing the service. The 30 days goodwill gesture is also fair.

Referring to people as assholes and bastards on a public forum are not going to do you any favours with the company. They check these forums all the time.

If you were more reasonable, you could ask advice of people on here as to what your options for broadband are now.

Kencollins wrote: »
    If you were more reasonable, you could ask advice of people on here as to what your options for broadband are now.

That's the thing - being in the rurals of Ireland my options for Broadband is incredibly limited. That [Fixed Wireless], 3G, or Satellite...

Out of the lot of them Ripplecom was the most 'ideal' - I have said as such to them, and to remain as a [paying] customer until such a time should I choose to do so to cancel my subscription at my own discretion.

I filed a complaint - that did NOT imply I wanted to cancel my subscription!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Most contracts have a 30-day get-out clause by either party (subject to minimum terms at the consumer end, naturally!) so they're probably well within their rights to terminate the contract in such a fashion. Perhaps the tone of your complaint was such that they decided they didn't want you as a client.

Yakuza wrote: »
    Most contracts have a 30-day get-out clause by either party (subject to minimum terms at the consumer end, naturally!) so they're probably well within their rights to terminate the contract in such a fashion. Perhaps the tone of your complaint was such that they decided they didn't want you as a client.

Don't assume the tone of my ranting here was how I spoke to them...

LINK - Full email responses, you tell me.

Anyways, I've taken my issue up with ComReg.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

What will ComReg do?

You've consistantly complained by the looks of things to Ripplecom and they have told you they cna't fix the problems. If they can't fix them and you keep complaining they are going to withdraw the service because there's no point in them listening to your complaints all the time about problems they can't fix. If you're unhappy with it either you get rid of it or put up with it, if they can't fix it they can't fix it.

(From a happy Ripplecom customer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Even their damn Head of Sales Manager went ahead with it, regards of the amount of times requesting to not end my subscription...

Who the hell does this asshole expect me to go with ? I've got zero alternatives for other broadband providers in my area!!

These bastards must take great joy having a pseudo "100% satisfied" customer base, everyone else they remove from their services...

Looks like they made every effort to provide you with service and as you aren't happy with it there's no point in bothering anymore.
    A lot of companies would have been difficult and try and keep you in a contract.

Its not like you just complained once and they just pulled the service.

marno21 wrote: »
    If you're unhappy with it either you get rid of it or put up with it, if they can't fix it they can't fix it.

God forbid if I send in a complaint once every 4 months... Must be so easy to say that, ain't it ? I did state that I wanted to remain a customer, NUMEROUS TIMES, because I lacked alternatives, did I not... ?

The current issue isn't about me being unhappy with their quality of connection, but the fact that they're pulling me off completely regardless of my wishes wanting to remain on!

I have remained well within their T&C's and have done nothing to break them to warrant an action, on their OWN accord, to cancel my subscription - that decision should be left to my own discretion, not them. The fact that they never even suggested it nor asked for my consent, and to cut me off just like that, is what pisses me off.

So their ideal solution was to leave me void of broadband, or go with an even worst quality of connection [3G, or Satellite]?

To put it bluntly - I'd rather have a rickety car over no car at all to get to my destination...

Advertisement