Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tanzania

Options
  • 09-09-2013 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place to ask or if I should have posted in 'Travel'

My son is travelling to Tanzania (East Africa) as part of a school programme, he is a secondary school student.

He is a PAYG customer with Vodafone.

I'd be grateful if anyone could help with the following.

What is the most economical way for him to stay in touch with home?

He would want to receive texts from home and be able to reply.

Calls are not important, internet would be nice but not sure it will be possible.

Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Not sure if this is the best place to ask or if I should have posted in 'Travel'

My son is travelling to Tanzania (East Africa) as part of a school programme, he is a secondary school student.

He is a PAYG customer with Vodafone.

I'd be grateful if anyone could help with the following.

What is the most economical way for him to stay in touch with home?

He would want to receive texts from home and be able to reply.

Calls are not important, internet would be nice but not sure it will be possible.

Thanks very much

Roaming rates are here it's free to receive txt, if he has internet access he can send webstext to reply to the text received, data is very expensive while roaming.

If he has a smart phone he can try installing whatsapp to chat for free with friends that use whatsapp or with viber he can chat/call other viber users for free (he will need internet access (wifi or data) to use them)

Advertisement