Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No post today?

Options
  • 09-09-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Has anybody else in Dublin 15 (Ongar to be precise) not received post today?

There were letters which were guaranteed for today which have not arrived and well, usually the post here comes between 12 and 13:00 and it's now 1500 and nothing.

Anybody else not received their post? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Tuathanach wrote: »
    Has anybody else in Dublin 15 (Ongar to be precise) not received post today?

There were letters which were guaranteed for today which have not arrived and well, usually the post here comes between 12 and 13:00 and it's now 1500 and nothing.

Anybody else not received their post? :confused:

Guaranteed and An Post dont go together,by now the post for today is gone, though who knows with them,got post off em one night at 19:00

Give the sorting office in Coolmine a call and likely they will look,say its there and then say if you want to come down and get it you can and bring id with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I got post today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I did too!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 the big show

I got post today no probs if items are guaranteed u can track them via an post site.Have no probs wirh delivery service even got post when snow and ice in ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

Our postal service is excellent I think.
    When lots of other services ceased in the snow, the post arrived without fail despite the dangerous conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I have a big problem with parcels/packets that would fit through the letter box not being posted through the letter box and having to collect them in Coolmine. So frustrating! So I'm not a huge fan of the postal service in D15 but I did actually get a bank statement today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I got my usual pizza flyer if that counts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I think the post in my area (tyrrelstown) is beyond awful. I usually just get it delivered to work, least that way, it may show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

athtrasna wrote: »
    I have a big problem with parcels/packets that would fit through the letter box not being posted through the letter box and having to collect them in Coolmine. So frustrating! So I'm not a huge fan of the postal service in D15 but I did actually get a bank statement today.

I've noticed that too. Before I fell in love with Netflix, I used to order a lot of dvd boxsets off Amazon, I'd sometimes get my packages in the letter box and other times, far slimmer packages would be left in Coolmine with me having to get there at 7am to try and collect them before work (even though they could easily have fitted in the letter box as chunkier packages had done so in the past). Very inconsistent!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

ongarboy wrote: »
    I've noticed that too. Before I fell in love with Netflix, I used to order a lot of dvd boxsets off Amazon, I'd sometimes get my packages in the letter box and other times, far slimmer packages would be left in Coolmine with me having to get there at 7am to try and collect them before work (even though they could easily have fitted in the letter box as chunkier packages had done so in the past). Very inconsistent!

I'm also in Ongar and this has happened to me many times too - and stranger stuff. Once, I ran out to Dunnes at 12 and came back at 12:15. I put away the stuff I bought and went out to get something in another shop around 12:25. I then found the standard green slip from An Post on the floor in front of my letterbox saying they'd tried to deliver something at 12:20 - but I was obviously there and they did not ring the doorbell, so did they even have the package with them? I tried ringing An Post and asking for an answer as to why this would happen, but didn't get a satisfactory one. In fairness though, it only happened once. But I've also had to collect loads of stuff that would have gone through the letterbox. Odd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement