Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Canada Visa Help!

Options
  • 09-09-2013 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

In February I applied for a Canadian working holiday visa and was put on the waiting list. I had originally planned to leave in June but didn't hear back until last week when I received an email asking for payment and saying that there were positions available now. My problem is that since I thought I wasn't going to get a visa this year I had planned to go next year. I'm wondering if I pay the fee, can I apply for the visa to start next year or if I don't pay at all can I apply next year again. You've probably guessed that I'm pretty clueless with all of this so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

cazador wrote: »
    In February I applied for a Canadian working holiday visa and was put on the waiting list. I had originally planned to leave in June but didn't hear back until last week when I received an email asking for payment and saying that there were positions available now. My problem is that since I thought I wasn't going to get a visa this year I had planned to go next year. I'm wondering if I pay the fee, can I apply for the visa to start next year or if I don't pay at all can I apply next year again. You've probably guessed that I'm pretty clueless with all of this so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

If you get the visa now you have 12 months to enter Canada from wehn it is issued so why not go for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

Can anyone give me info on application process plz

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Can anyone give me info on application process plz

When are you thinking of coming to canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chloe19

Hi, me and my boyfriend are planning to go to Canada next summer on the International experience Canada scheme.. all places are gone for 2013 but I was just wondering do the places for 2014 come out in January or are we able to apply now? also is it all done online? any information would help thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 miak

chloe19 wrote: »
    Hi, me and my boyfriend are planning to go to Canada next summer on the International experience Canada scheme.. all places are gone for 2013 but I was just wondering do the places for 2014 come out in January or are we able to apply now? also is it all done online? any information would help thanks.

I am in the same boat as you Chloe, but we want to go as soon as we get the visa. Realistically, how quick do the visas come through does anyone know? Also, I'm a bit confused as to how people know they have the IEC visa- is it once the fee has been paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 miak

Also, I've been looking at the 2013 forms, just trying to get an idea of what we need. Anyone that has gone through the process already can I ask you how exact you have to be with dates- work dates/travel dates?

One last question for now too, sorry!! My boyfriend is a citizen of Ireland, but not resident, can he still apply for IEC? He's working in England for nearly a year now, but living in England. Does he need to apply through England?

Advertisement