Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone books

Options
  • 09-09-2013 3:02pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭

New phone books were delivered last week and included a note advising that I could choose not to receive a physical copy by going to phonebookoptout.ie.  It also stated that I could view the phonebook online at eircomphonebook.ie.  However when I try either of these websites they don't appear to exist.  Is there a problem with these websites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Zaph wrote: »
    New phone books were delivered last week and included a note advising that I could choose not to receive a physical copy by going to phonebookoptout.ie.  It also stated that I could view the phonebook online at eircomphonebook.ie.  However when I try either of these websites they don't appear to exist.  Is there a problem with these websites?

Hi Zaph,

The website is working ok after I checked it on a few web browsers.

http://phonebookoptout.ie

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hi Mark.  It seems to be accessible on my phone if I turn off the wifi, but I can't access it on any browser on a PC or phone if the wifi is on, regardless of what browser i use.  Is there any reason why it wouldn't work with UPC?

Hi Mark.  It seems to be accessible on my phone if I turn off the wifi, but I can't access it on any browser on a PC or phone if the wifi is on, regardless of what browser i use.  Is there any reason why it wouldn't work with UPC?

Hi Zaph

Apologies, I did not realise you were with another provider. If you contact your that company they should be able to issue the request to be removed form the online phone book and be ex-directory.

They will send the request to eircom through wholesale to have the listing removed on the eircom phone book site.

The request can take 28 days before the details are fully removed.

Mark

Sorry Mark, I think you misunderstood me. I received a physical phone book with a note telling me how to opt out of receiving phone books in the future. However I can't access the website where I can opt out of receiving them in the future. What I want to know is if there is a problem with the site and how I can stop receiving phone books from now on.

Sorry Mark, I think you misunderstood me. I received a physical phone book with a note telling me how to opt out of receiving phone books in the future. However I can't access the website where I can opt out of receiving them in the future. What I want to know is if there is a problem with the site and how I can stop receiving phone books from now on.

Hi Zaph

Apologies, the other possibility I have been made aware of is if you call directly distribution on 1800 202020 they can try remove your details from the mailing list directly.

Mark

• Advertisement

I'll try that, thanks Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I'll try that, thanks Mark

Thanks Zaph

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aaron goldenpages

Hi Zaph,

Should you require further information regarding the phonebook opt-out site please feel free to contact me on aaron.harvey@goldenpages.ie and I will gladly take you through the opt-out process using http://www.phonebookoptout.ie/

Cheers,
    Aaron 

Hi Zaph,

Should you require further information regarding the phonebook opt-out site please feel free to contact me on aaron.harvey@goldenpages.ie and I will gladly take you through the opt-out process using http://www.phonebookoptout.ie/

Cheers,
    Aaron 
    Thanks for your help Aaron goldenpages

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hi, in the same insert in the new phone directory it mentions an iPhone and Android app for the Eircom phonebook but I cannot find any such apps....

If you wish to use the phonebook electronically please visit www.eircomphonebook.ie or download the iphone or android app

Can you enlighten us please as to how to download these apps

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    Hi, in the same insert in the new phone directory it mentions an iPhone and Android app for the Eircom phonebook but I cannot find any such apps....

If you wish to use the phonebook electronically please visit www.eircomphonebook.ie or download the iphone or android app

Can you enlighten us please as to how to download these apps
    Hi coylemj

At the moment there is only a golden pages app. I'll request more info on this from operations and get back to you when I have more info/

Thanks

Al

Advertisement